1.1 | Back to the year 2019

Capítulo I- Regreso Al Año 2019

2002

13-year-old Vydia Bennett opened the door to a local convenience store. Feeling the warm air hug her body again stepping foot in the store, she scanned the aisle's looking for something to feast on. The shop clerk turned his head to the opening door after the bells rang. His eyes kept on Vydia's messy figure, she glanced up at him making eye contact, and sent him a sarcastic smile. 

Vydia wiped her runny nose and shook her head. The snowflakes melted into her tousled hair making it appear oilier than it already was. She was in need to wash her hair, maybe she could geo-leap to the gym after getting what she needed.

Her baggy pants dragged on the dirty linoleum floor. She tried to not trip on her shoes, they were wet from the snow-coated floor. It was a reminder to steal a pair of snow boots. Her shoes squeaked as she wandered the store. Vydia slyly picked up small items like cookies, chips, granola bars, etc., and shoved them in the pockets of her big coat. 

She yanked open the refrigerator's glass door and chose a bottle of chocolate milk. The clerk narrowed his eyes as Vydia walked to the register and placed the bottle on the counter with two dollars. He asked, "Will that be all?"

"Yep," she gave him an innocent smile.

He took the money and placed it in the register. "Have a nice day." He handed Vydia her extra change.

"Keep the change," she smiled, taking her milk.

Vydia spun on her heel. The glass door was right next to the cashier and a police officer came in through the door and stumbled onto Vydia. The items she smuggled in her pockets fell out. "Of course," she sighed as the items cluttered to the ground.

The noise caught the attention of the clerk. "I knew it! Thief!" he yelled out. Vydia let out a nervous laugh and bolted out the door.

The officer shouted, "Hey, stop right there!"

Vydia forced her legs as much she could to try and lose the cop behind her calling her a 'thief' every ten seconds. He wasn't wrong Vydia Bennett was a thief and has been for nearly two years. Since the age of 11, Vydia ran away from 'home'. It wasn't really a home it was more of a Laboratory. She was a lab rat.

Life was not on Vydia's side that day, she knew that when she slipped on ice crashing onto a boy. The next thing she knew, Vydia wasn't in 2002 anymore.

Present

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Vydia's eyebrows furrowed, looking at Five. She was still a little hesitant about time-traveling because, after 45 long years, Five cracked the equation to get them back to stop the apocalypse.