156. Eyes

But your eyes,they talk. Unlike you. They speak of everything you don't. They tell me about your feelings that words can't justify. I see your beautiful eyes and wonder what cruel this world must have been to you? Your eyes are hoarders of emotions. They've collected every kind and nourish them with tears every once in a while. I see an ocean of tears being held back. And I ponder such a beautiful soul doesn't deserve to be this hurt. This world is cruel I must tell you but you must already know.
I see the moisture in your eyes which tells me they bled loneliness in the pillow last night. I can only imagine you screaming silence under your breath.

I see the corners of your eyes crinkling and conveying your tiredness of trying, trying to make sense of everything that's happening around with you, trying to pause everything, trying to find solace in your insecurities.Your eyes tell me that you've been trying to pick up your lost self only to realise you're losing more. It's like your trying to collect as much sand as you can in your hands but it keeps slipping through your fingers. I can see you're tired and that you want to give up. But my darling doesn't the beauty lie in holding onto the things that are worthwhile?

Your pupils dilate in mere light and i wonder if you are afraid of the sunshine.

Yet you act strong and with optimism and courage in your voice you say you were fine. Albeit you must have known eyes can't keep secrets. Yours didn't too.

With the war going on inside of you and the inner storm of depression raging, I came in like a safe place and held your hand. It was cold like the dead. But your chest deflated and you felt relieved. Like i had saved you from the battle. And finally the emotions fled through your eyes and onto your cheeks and dripped on my hand holding yours. You said I was your saviour to which I pointed I wasn't. That only you can save yourself and I was a mere support.

I knew a lot without you uttering a word. Your eyes, they talk you see? Unlike you.

05.03.2019 09.03.2019
11:25pm