67 - EPILOGUE

|Jiyoon's POV|

4 years later

I woke up with the sun beaming on my face, I quickly got up and fixed my bed.

"Today's Saturday.. and my birthday! I can't wait!" I muttered to myself while fixing my hair in front of the mirror.

Right. My friends and I are now in college. Time flies huh? Sanha is still a senior highschool, MJ-oppa is a senior in college. And it's been 4 years since Bin and I got together. Pretty much, we're still happy too.

I picked my phone up with a smile on my face, checking if someone greeted me. "Okay.. nothing yet. Let's check it later."

I headed downstairs to greet my mom and oppa with a smile on my face. But, something unexpected happened.

"Kim Myungjun! How could you! You stole money from me to buy hard drinks? You're still 21, young lad." Mom yelled giving oppa a sharp glare.

"Mom! I told you! I didn't steal money from you! I used my own money to buy hard drinks!" Oppa yelled back.

I was stuck on the stairs, analyzing the words that just escaped from their mouths. "H-hard drinks? Stole money? Oppa's not like that. He's a sweet boy that mom and I always loved. How could he.. yell back?"

My ears irked while I continued to listen to them. I wanted to stop them but, what if.. something worse happens?

"Still! YOU STILL BOUGHT HARD DRINKS!" Mom yelled taking a closer step to my fuming brother.

"You may be my mom, but you can't take control of my life! I am now an adult mom!" He fired back.

Then, the most shocking thing happened. SLAP!

I gasped, covering my mouth with my free hand, the other holding unto the railing. I took a quick glance at my brother, his right cheek had reddened. A tear escaped from my eye as I watched my brother cry whilst running the area that mom slapped.

"You.. you're not my son." Mom said, running a hand through her face and walking back to her room.

I was still shocked.. too much shocked at what I saw. Oppa was stuck at the living room, crouching down to the floor and cried.

Panicking, I ran to my room, not even able to comfort my brother and calmed down my fuming mom. I picked up my phone with my hands trembling in nervousness, tears running down my cheeks and dialed Bin's number.

"Pick up. Pick up." I muttered to myself while waiting for his answer.

"Sorry, the number you dialed is not available at the moment."

There, I broke down in tears. Panic clogged up my whole body. I didn't even know what to do. Should I talk to mom? Comfort my brother?

Hard drinks? He was drinking hard drinks? He stole money? I can't believe those things. My brother is not like that.

I picked my phone up and dialed another number. From Soo-ah to Eunwoo, no answer.

"This is the worst birthday ever. No one greeted me. My mom and oppa fought. My friends wouldn't even answer my calls." I crouched down to the floor, letting my tears fall to the carpet with my heart aching.

"Jiyoon-ah! Prepare yourself because we need to go somewhere!" Mom yelled, still with that same anger found on her voice.

I cleared my throat and replied, "Okay mom!" I choked from all that crying, still I tried to calm myself down.

I grabbed my towel and headed to the bathroom.

•••

After fixing myself up, I headed downstairs while trying to cover my puffy eyes by lowering my head. "Faster! Double time! We don't wanna be late, don't we?" Mom yelled annoyed.