1 - PROLOGUE

|Jiyoon's POV|

"KIM JIYOON!"

The moment I heard my brother call me, my eyes opened quickly. I was startled by his voice.

"Do I deserve to hear this first thing in the morning?" I grunted under my breath as I slowly got up from my bed with my eyes fluttering as it adjusted to the light. I was about to fix my bed when someone suddenly barged into my room.

"It's time for school! We're going to be late so double time!"

I groaned in displease before shooting him a glare. "I know! Plus why do you have to yell at me? You can just knock then tell me to get ready."

"I-I don't know! Just go and take a bath!"

"Sheesh, you have got to chill out."

"What?" 

I simply chuckled in response as an excuse. "Nope, nothing."

• • •

After I took a refreshing bath, I wore my uniform then looked at myself in the mirror. I tied my hair into a ponytail then fixed my tie.

By the way, my name is Kim Jiyoon. I live with my older brother Kim Myungjun, and my mother. My father, he got into a car accident four years ago. We had a hard time processing things and we couldn't get over the fact that he left us. But right now, I'm glad that we finally accepted the fact that he's now gone. It's just a matter of time and I know he's resting in peace right now. 

In addition, I'm a junior and I study at Hanlim Multi Arts High School.

After fixing myself up, I started heading to the kitchen. There, I found my mother cooking pancakes for our breakfast. A smirk fell to my lips as my gaze averted to my brother who was busy dealing with his phone.

I walked sneakily towards him as I readied myself to lunge at him. But my mischievous smile faltered once he called me out.

"Kim Jiyoon. Stop being so childish. Just sit down and behave."

He ruined it.

"Geez, what a kill joy," I grunted with a sigh before taking a seat beside him.

He then put his phone down and faced me. "Sorry but did you think I'm that dumb like you?" He sarcastically asked while patting my shoulder with a smirk on his face. 

Offended, my eyes grew wide as a scoff escaped from my lips. "What?!"

"You heard it brat," he fired back with a chuckle. 

"Yeah I know, dumb pig." Upon my words, I stole a glance at him and I noticed how he looked surprised and pissed.

"What... did you just say?" 

I pursed my bottom lip before biting it as I stifled a laugh. He looked so annoyed and anytime now, I wanted to burst into a guffaw yet I don't want to kill the mood. Teasing him is the best because of how he reacts. 

I ignored him and waited for his next move. I picked up my phone and scanned through it.

I noticed him glaring at me but I still ignored him.

Don't laugh. Kim Jiyoon just stay calm.
I thought to myself and controlled myself from laughing.

"YAH KIM JIYOON!!" I put my phone down and yelled at him for startling me. "WHAT?!"

"YAH! STOP IT YOU TWO!" We both looked at mom that looks irritated."Can you please stop arguing? It's still early in the morning and you're making my ears bleed already. You guys aren't kids anymore."

"We're sorry mom." We both replied.

I sent him a glare as he sent me one too. We were like having a staring contest just because of some stupid, unsuccessful prank.

"THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU KIM JIYOON!" He pointed to me as he blamed me.

"YAH! YOU STARTED THIS!" I defended myself.

"YAH! THERE YOU GO AGAIN!" Mom scolded us again as her voice got louder.

"If this happens again YOU.WON'T.HAVE.YOUR.DAILY.ALLOWANCE."

Our eyes grew larger as each word came out of her mouth.

Won't have your daily allowance. Won't have your daily allowance. Won't have your daily allowance.

Those words kept repeating in my mind. My heart beats faster the more I think about it.

"You don't want it to happen right?" Mom asked with a smirk on her face.

"YES!" We both said in unison.

"Now I want you to make it up RIGHT NOW or else." Mom said about to burst out laughing at our reactions.

"Oh oppa! You know how I love to make jokes, so don't take too seriously." I said sarcastically while patting his head.

"Oh sure! You know that oppa loves you right? Our Jiyoon really knows how to joke." He replied sarcastically with a plastic smile on his face while pinching my cheeks.

"Yah it hurts." I whispered to him.
But all he did was smile.

AISH! If only i can-

"Kim Myungjoon. Kim Jiyoon." We quickly faced mom and he let go of my cheeks. This jerk. It hurts.

"What is it mom?" I said while massaging my cheeks.

"Here is your allowance Myungjoon-ah and this is for you Jiyoon-ah."

Our faces lit up as she handed us the money.

"But! Promise me you won't do it again."

"Yes mom!" We both said in unison.

"Now, now kids. Eat your pancakes or you'll be late for school."

Our eyes grew wider as we looked at each other then back to mom. Each one of us took one pancake and bid our goodbye kisses to mom.

"Bye kids! Be careful!" Mom said with a smile on her face.

We got out of the house and hopped onto our bicycles while eating our pancakes.

We drived to school as fast as possible since it's just a few blocks away from our house. It's already 7:15, we still have 15 minutes before the bell rings.

As we got to school, we parked our bikes and it's already 7:20.

Thank goodness! I still got 10 minutes to run to my classroom. I can't be late on my first day!

Since oppa is a senior and I'm a junior, we parted our ways and went to our respective rooms.

I went to my locker first to get my books and I ran as fast as I can to get to my room.

Suddenly, I bumped into a figure.

-

A/N: Hey guys! So this is my first ever book. Yey! I have my first chapter now!

Sorry if I have some wrong grammars. But anyways, I hope you like this Astro's fanfic.

Astro, I love all of them. But, I love Moonbin more. So, I'm also sorry if  this story won't be as good as you probably have expected.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading it! 💞