8 - NEIGHBORS

|Moonbin's POV|

Long time no see. It's you Jiyoon-ah! Soo ah-yah is that you? I missed you guys so much!

Hyerim's words kept repeating in my mind. From the looks of it, they were so close. How come I didn't know a single thing about her? How do they know each other?

"Bin-ah. Yah Moon Bin! You still there? Helloooo??" I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Jiyoon waving her hand in front of my face.

"There you are." Soo-ah said, placing her hands on her hips. "What were you thinking that you were in such deep thoughts? Is something wrong?" Jiyoon asked.

"No. N-nothing is wrong." I stuttered. "Eh? Why is the room empty? Where did they all go?" I asked with a confused face.

Jiyoon and Soo-ah looked at each other then back to me. "You mister, where did you come from?" Jiyoon asked as she pointed me.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "It's dismissal already you dummy." She added, patting my shoulders.

"Didn't you hear the bell Bin-ah?" Soo asked, folding her arms. "Bell? Dismissal? Then what are we still doing here?" I asked the both of them as I stood up.

"WE should be asking you that, mister. Why are you so weird lately Bin? Is something bothering you?" Jiyoon asked, tapping my shoulder.

"No. Nothing's wrong. So, how about we go home now?" I suggested as I walked out of the room.

"What's wrong with me? I didn't even heard the bell rang." I muttered under my breath as I walked away from them.

"Wait up!" Jiyoon and Soo-ah said, following me.

••••••••••

"You sure there's nothing wrong Bin? You know you can tell us whatever is bothering you. We're friends right? And that's what friends do!" Soo-ah said, tapping my shoulder.

"Yep! I'm sure, it's just nothing." I lied.

"Oh? Sanha-yah! Let's go home together!" I quickly changed the subject as soon as I saw Sanha.

Thank goodness he's here! I'm saved!

"Oh! Hyung! Let's go! Noona Jiyoon, noona Soo-ah we'll get going now! Byeee!!" Sanha said, bidding his goodbye as I grabbed him out of the school.

••••••••••••

|Jiyoon's POV|

"Something's not right." Soo-ah and I said in unison as Bin and Sanha went home.

"You think so too?" Soo-ah asked.

"Yeah, he was daydreaming in class earlier. Plus, he was also changing the subject whenever we ask if he's alright. But don't worry too much, he'll spill the beans later." I replied, tapping Soo-ah's shoulder.

She nodded and took out her phone from her bag as soon as it beeped. "Jiyoon-ah, I need to go now. Look, my mom texted me too." She said, showing me her phone.

Mom💞: Soo-ah, where are you? Are you still at school? Be careful when you go home. I love you.

"Wow. You're mom sure is overprotective." I said with a chuckle.

"Yeah totally. So Jiyoon-ah I'll get going now. Byeee!!" She bid her goodbye as she ran out of the school, waving her hand.

"Be careful!" I replied as I waved my hand.

I took out my phone to call my brother when Bin suddenly texted me.

Binnie:
Kim Jiyoon, let's meet tomorrow at the cafe after school.

Me:

What's up?

Binnie:
It's important. I have something to tell you.

Me:

Okayy, if you say so.

•••

"Jiyoon-ah!" I looked up from my phone and saw my brother.

"Oppa! Let's go home now." I said as I grabbed his arm.

"Okay okay." He replied, patting my head.

•••

While we were walking home, I saw a familiar boy walking ahead of us.

Wait a minute. He's really familiar. Did we meet somewhere?

My eyes widened out of shock.
I-Is that M-Mr. Cold G-Guy?!  I saw him stop at a house and opened the door.

WHAAAAA??!!!! DON'T TELL ME HE LIVES HERE!!!!!! NO. NO. NO. NOOO!!

WE'RE NEIGHBORS???!!!!!! WHAAAATTTTT???!!!!!!!

I stood there, frozen out of shock with my mouth open.

Cha Eunwoo, that cold jerk is my SCHOOLMATE. CLASSMATE. SEATMATE. AND HE'S EVEN MY NEIGHBOR??!!!

"Jiyoon-ah! Kim Jiyoon! What are you doing there? Aren't you coming?" My brother called me, motioning me to get inside already.

"Ah yes! Coming!" I replied as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"You ok sis? Is something bothering you?" My brother asked with concern as he closed the door.

"N-Nothing. It's nothing." I lied, stuttering.

"Jiyoon-ah! MJ-yah! Come and have dinner!" Mom called.

"I'll be at my room mom. I'm tired." I made an excuse.

"What about dinner?" She asked with concern. "I-uhh, I lost my appetite." I lied to mom as I went upstairs to go to my room.

"Whew. What a long day." I sighed as I threw myself to my bed and stared at the ceiling.

"This is the worst school year in my life!!!! Why is this happening to meeee??? That ICE is my classmate, seatmate and the worst one is HE'S EVEN MY NEIGHBOR??!!! Like, our house is just next to to him!" I whined, ruffling my hair out of frustration.

I grabbed a pillow, covered my face and screamed it all out.

"I want to sleep already. I want to get to dreamland and forget all my problems." I closed my eyes but I can't sleep.

NEIGHBORS. NEIGHBORS. NEIGHBORS. NEIGHBORS.
"STOP IT!" I ruffled my hair out of frustration and stared at the ceiling.