Chapter Five

So, I just wanted to say that I love all of you who have voted, commented, or read a single word of this story.... I'm super super busy so I can't post often... sorry 'bout that. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter.... I really do and It's set's up my plan for the whole story. >:)

Chapter Five-

                Liz and I didn’t have to go to class on Friday and then the weekend came. We caught up and Liz helped me find hammer and nails then hang the rest of my pictures on the wall across from my bed. I assisted Liz in settling in and she and I hung out on Sunday, just watching movies and setting up her electronics (which were the same as mine except the laptop was neon electric blue and the covers for the phone and iPad were neon green) and chatting. Her schedule was the same as mine except the switch between Study Hall and Private Control Training so when classes rolled around I helped her find her way (by the way, she ended up being able to manipulate already-present water. A week passed and the only other time we didn’t send together was spent in either our beds, the previously listed classes, or Club as Liz chose Photography. But on Wednesday night Liz burst in as I was about to turn off the lights.

                “I got my first assignment! I leave tomorrow. I wonder who it is. They live in Washington. Hmm, what should my story be? I’ll have to look at their file first to figure it out. YAY!” Liz then proceeded to skip right back out of my dorm.

                I smiled, glad she was finally getting a student. It was about time somebody new came here. It wasn’t long before I was lost in the same dream I’d been having since I first got my fire.

                I was standing in a garden, surrounded by thousands of flowers. I felt so out of place and hated that I felt tears begin their slow trek down my face. My mind was running wild with thoughts of how out of place I felt. And suddenly, my tears were made of fire and the flowers caught. Azalea bushes were suddenly aflame and lilacs were now stems of red hot tongues. I screamed and tried to call the fire back, but was unable to control it, so I ran. I flew past a castle and a stable, a couple mansions, then hundreds of little cottages. My screams trailed behind me but nobody looked to see what was happening. The kingdom was totally silent except for me. I looked back and saw the smoke rising in the air, which made me run even harder. Trees blurred by and then I sprinted through another kingdom, never slowing. My skirts billowed behind me tiredly but my legs never stopped. Four more kingdoms were passed before I came to a forest and slowed. I knew by now that there was a small cottage waiting about half way into the forest and followed the path to it. As per usual there was a large lake surrounding the house so that there was no way to get to it, but I knew a way. I hiked up my skirts and traveled around the back of the cottage, moving quickly across the skipping stones laid out along the water. When I was at the cottage I moved around front and went to open the door, but as usual, a boy about my age opened it before I could.

                The boy was my age, maybe a year older than me at absolute most. His hair was black, shaggy, and hanging just above his vivid blue eyes. He was muscled well, not like a rock where I was half his size, but just enough where you would beg him to take off his shirt. Luckily, I didn’t have to. All he was wearing was a pair of black basketball shorts. I looked down sheepishly, as usual, at my full length ball gown. It was cream with a pleated cream corset and no straps whatsoever. The silky cream skirt fell in swirling poufy-ness to my feet which were covered in simple black flats.

                I looked back up and the boy was staring at me. He opened his mouth and I thought I was going to wake up, as usual, but instead a voice floated to my ears as everything turned black.

                “Careful who you trust.”

                I sat bolt upright in bed, my body screaming in exhaustion.