Chapter Three

***So here's chapter three! Man, it took you guys long enough!***

Chapter Three-

The rest of that day was spent setting up my new electronic devices. It was almost nine at night before I realized five things.

1.)    I was starving.

2.)    The dining hall was probably closed.

3.)    I still had the mail I had retrieved earlier unopened on the little table behind the couch.

4.)    There was a giant cardboard box on the wall across from my bed.

5.)    I hadn’t changed into the monster at all.

I decided to address the third realization first and walked out to the main room. I then plonked down on the couch and grabbed the mail, tearing open the thin one first. It was a short letter explaining to me the main works of the school. Things like Curfews and Rules. The second envelope was the thicker one, which I guessed had another letter explaining another thing in it. I was only half right. When I pulled out the thicker letter a thin card fell out. Ignoring it, I read through the letter. It explained about an allowance. I looked down and saw the thing that had fallen out was a credit card. I then looked back at the letter and saw the last few sentences. My jaw dropped. Never before in my life had I seen a monthly allowance of ten thousand dollars. Never.

I continued reading the last two sentences and almost screamed. A Starter’s Balance of twenty thousand dollars!

“Oh my freaking chicken nuggets.” I gasped.

With a huge air of excitement I tucked the credit card in my bra with my room key and threw away the letters. I didn’t need them anymore. I then skipped my way into my bedroom to address realization four. The box was big and really heavy but I managed to pull it next to the bed so that I could look through it while I sat. I opened the box and stared down on its contents, a soft smile covering my face and tears filling my stormy grey eyes. Inside the box were all of my pictures. The ones of Mom and Dad’s wedding when I was two, of my eighth birthday when I shoved Dad’s face in the cake, of just random days or road trips. Every photo I had, even the ones of me and my best friend from when Mom and Dad were alive; Elizabeth. It took almost an hour to put all of the stand-up pictures scattered around the room. When I was done there were six pictures on my dresser, four on my desk, and two on each bedside table. With all of the stand-ups out, I could focus on finding some nails and a hammer to hang up the others soon.

I yawned and decided it was time to sleep. After grabbing a pair a pajamas I headed into the bathroom and stripped, throwing the dirty clothes in the small white hamper to the right of the cabinet thing. I slipped on the large black tee shirt and purple short shorts then used the makeup remover wipes to rid my face of the makeup. I then turned off the lights in the bathroom and main room, and finally the bedroom.

Moonlight cast a white glow on my bedroom as I crawled into bed and looked at the picture of me, Mom, and Dad only a few weeks before the crash. I looked nothing like them. Mom had sandy blonde hair and Dad had chocolate brown, both pin straight. Mom had ocean blue eyes and Dad’s were forest green. They were both pretty tan. I was the total opposite with white blonde hair that curled delicately, stormy grey eyes, and porcelain skin. I had known I was adopted since before I could remember. As soon as I saw the two of them together I knew. It was okay though, because I loved them a lot. My attention turned to the picture of me and Elizabeth, which was taken at school the day of the accident. Elizabeth was gorgeous with pin straight dark chocolate hair that fell to her waist and enchanting light brown eyes. Her skin was almost the same shade as mine, only a tad darker. I smiled slightly, we looked so happy. If only I had known.