Chapter 1: New Teacher?

Comincia dall'inizio

This must have lasted the whole lesson, because when a snap came into my view, I bounced out of my seat.

"What! What happened?" I asked, becoming a lot less confused. Iero stood in front of me, smirking.

"Dazed off in class, I see." He sarcastically scolded me.

"Oh, sorry, ADD." I mumbled as I pulled my bag over my back.

"You have Attention Deficit? No wonder your leg was moving the entire time in class." I realized that meant he was looking at me most of the lesson. "Hey, I'm new here, maybe you could show me around."

"Isn't that what teachers are supposed to do for students?" I giggled.

"We could be the reverse stereotype." He laughed and we walked out of the class. We stood by the door for a couple seconds, before I agreed and showed him around.

"I really like your scorpion tattoo, by the way." I randomly blurted out what I had wanted to say the minute I saw him.

"Oh, thanks. One of my earliest tattoos." I swear, there was always a smile on his face. He was quite short for a guy, at around 5'5. I was 5'4 so I was still shorter.

"Okay, why doesn't the principal like you?" He asked me this time. I told him my story and he crossed his arms, faking to be mad at me.

"We need to change that as soon as possible, Miss. Todd." He said sternly, before we both broke out in laughter.

"Well, there you go." I sighed as we walked back into his room. I had gotten a pass from him, so I pretty much spent the entire day cutting out little decorations for his wall as he taught. As the final bell rang, everyone hurried out of the classroom.

"How was that for a first day, Iero?" I put a couple mini M&M's in my hand and began to eat them one at a time.

"Pretty good, I made a friend. Her name is Harley. At least, I hope she's my friend, or else I have no friends." He stuck his hand out and I filled it with the chocolate as well. He raised his hand to his mouth and put them all in at the same time.

"Don't worry, she's your friend." I smiled at him. "Can I stay here and finish the only homework that I have, because obviously you wanted to see me all day. I only know about the homework in your class."

"As long as your parents are fine with it, stay here as long as you want."

I pulled out my bag. I looked at him quickly and he had a look of disbelief on his face. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're actually gonna do work? I thought we were gonna hang out or something." He nervously said. Nervous? He couldn't be nervous, teachers don't get nervous. I'm saying nervous to much.

"It's kinda weird because students and teachers don't actually 'hang out', but I was reaching for my phone. Mind if I play some music?" I smirked at him and he nodded his head, looking down. I began to play the music. Bands that I had liked filled the room. Thank god the door was closed, or I'd be in major shit.

"So," I said and hopped out of my chair. I walked over to his desk and sat on top of it. "Got any family?"

He shook his head and walked over to me.

"No, the last girlfriend I had was in college." He rolled his eyes. Aw. That was really cute. He sat himself beside me and I played with my fingers.

"What about you? You got a special boy in your life?" He poked my ribs. He sure was friendly, but I liked that. I sighed.

"Nope. I'm as single as it gets." I think he caught the hint because his eyes widened. I looked down and blushed at what I had just said.

"You've never had a boyfriend?" He almost whispered to me. I think he was actually saying it to himself, he was staring at the wall, his eyes were still pretty big.

"Nope, not even my first kiss." I then paused. "Wow, this sounds really weird considering your my teacher, Mr. Iero." Then, he finally turned toward me and I got a look at his eyes.

They were a lighter dark brown near his pupils and as it got further away, they became a greener blown color. They were amazing. Just like him.

"Just-" He started. He stopped himself quickly, as if he had to think about something. "Just call me Frank. Not in class, though. Obviously."

"Alright, Frank, you can call me anything you please." I said, and then almost immediately regretted it. Fuck, nicknames are awful.

"Okay, Harls?" He asked and I scrunched up my face. He laughed and began to think again. "I'm gonna call you kitty. For some reason, you remind me of a cat."

"Okay then, you're strange y'know that?" He nodded his head and grinned. I giggled at him but quickly stopped myself. I hated my laugh.

But then, it was dead silent between the both of us. The faint sound of Blink-182's Up All Night was the only noise that was barely heard. It had fallen into my coat pocket a couple minutes before. I saw him glance down at my lips a few times. He bit his bottom one, and when he did I was ready to melt.

I felt him moving his hand toward mine, slowly placing his fingers on mine. I didn't pull my hand away. I actually moved it a little closer to his. I kinda just stared at him until he grabbed my face and pulled me towards him. Our lips met, yet I still didn't pull away. I...I kissed back. I rested my arms on his shoulders as he removed on arm off of my cheek to my leg. The closer up my leg he had gotten, the more I regretted it, but I wanted it just as much.

I then pulled away and stared at him. He had just a shocked expression that I had.

"Fuck." I swore to myself as I ran to get my bag. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."

"Harley, I-I'm so sorry I did that. I don't know what came over me, just, do not tell anyone. If th-"

"But I liked it." I quickly told him and ran to my car that I had been driving for a little over a year now. I got inside and started up the engine. I didn't move it, I didn't leave. I smashed my head down on the steering wheel. What did I just do? Oh, yeah. I kissed my brand new teacher so now, he probably thinks I'm a slut. Fuck. I finally drove home after what must have been a half hour. I ran up the stairs, ignoring my mother and father's calls from in my living room. I searched through my bag for my phone, realizing I had left that and my leather jacket at school.

By the end of the night, I finished reading Romeo and Juliet. The tragic ending still there, as always.

When I went to sleep that night, and recalled my day. Maybe it wasn't so bad. But then I thought back to the final thing I had said. But I liked it? That definitely screwed up my day. If I didn't say it, maybe I woudn't be in this mess. Maybe it would all be okay.