Epilogue

I nuzzled my head in Jase's neck as he stared at the moon above us.

"Hmm. Brianna, I love you." he moaned as I giggled beneath him.

"Yeah, I know." I teased. I let out a sigh as I wiped the tears, not wanting Jase to recognize it.

"Shh, Brianna, don't cry, pretty, you know Sky will be all right even without us. We thought him good." He puffed, pride dripping out his words.

"I know, Jase. I'm just scared of leaving him." I sobbed.

"Brianna.." He scolded.

"Shh... We've done enough, love. Let's let go. Let's make this easy for us. I'm ready. And you know I can't live a day without being in your arms. So let's make this clear, if you go, I go. We are one. I can't... live without you. You are my life, you're the reason I live. And!" He shushed just when I was about to cut throughz

"Do not misunderstand this that my children are not my life, but without you, Brianna, living this life isn't worth living at all." he said as he dried the tears threatening to fall.

"I love my children, love, but knowing you won't be there to take care of them with me is just plain boring. Please understand this. I am also tired. Let me rest with you so at least I would feel heaven even though I'm gone." he sighed.

"Sky is with his wife already, love, and I don't think he'll let our baby girl live alone. You know how much he loves her, how she is pretty much accepted and loved by her wife too." he cooed in my ear.

"Jase..." sobbing, I put his head in between my hands.

"I know.." I breathed.
"But our baby needs a family to grow up with,"

"Sky is family." he groaned.

"Yes, but you know what I'm saying." I bit back.

He showed his toothy grin as he stood up, holding out his hand for me to take.

"Let's go, Brianna." he said, his eyes following mine.

And it reminded me of the good old days, the days I played with Sky, his small hands cupping my face, his hands slapping his fathers big broad shoulders while Jase played back, kissing his temple, his left hand trailing circles on my right. They were wonderful. And when our girl was born, Jase's eyes were the brightest, happiest I have ever seen, his hard look softening by looking at her, Sky trying to tower over Jase's hold on her, peeking over our new born angel, their eyes filled with so happiness and all I wanted to do was to take a shot of all of them together because at that moment I felt complete. They were mine. My life. My happiness.

But now, I felt guilt knowing I couldn't make it a day anymore.

"Love?" Jase cooed, bringing me out of my dreams, "Hmm?"

Then I noticed he had carried me on the way back to our house.

Sky was there with his wife, teasing our girl.

They then spotted us and smiled warmly at me and my husband.

He was old but he was still as strong as I had remembered.

"Haha, Brianna, I'm carrying my world, how could I possibly be tired?" He chuckled, reading my mind... Or maybe I said it out loud.

A blush warmed my cheek as I slap his chest.

He winked down at me as he kissed my lips tenderly, it was the sweetest, just like the first I kissed him.

"Mum! Dad!" Sky shouted as we went to lay down on out bed.

"Yeah?" Jase answered for me.

Sky creased his forehead, bending it slightly to the right.

"What's wrong?" He wondered.

I shook my head at this and patted Jase's side and held on to his hand.

It took all of me to actually hold out to Sky.

"Take care of this family, Sky, it is all you now." I said, making it come out as a whisper.

His eyes was then clouded with tears as he struggled to stop crying.

"No, mum. Don't do this. Don't leave us just yet, Stacey needs you, I need you. My wife needs you. You haven't met our baby yet. Please, mum," he sobbed as he took my hand in his, tears wetting it as Jase patted his head.

"Dad, please don't tell me you're leaving, too...." He sobbed more, silently calling his wife and our Stacey while wiping his tear-filled face.

"Dad... No, please..." he pleade.

After that all I heard were mourns as I let myself go.

The last thing I felt was Jase's tightening grip over my hand as I floated.

My top was damp, Stacey, Sky and his wife's tears damping it.

"Mum, Dad, I love you." I heard Stacey whispered as I finally let go.