2.

2.

Laney was nervous. Her knee bounced rapidly and she chewed her bottom lip. Her husband placed his hand on her knee, steadying and comforting her.

"What if they didnt work?" she nervously asked "what if..."

"They guarantee it, remember? That's why we paid so much Laney, they don't mess around here"

"But i don't see how, how can it be any different than IVF? They couldn't get one viable embryo Darren...."

Just then there was a knock at the door, the couple halted as a a woman in a fire engine red pencil skirt suit walked in, her dark hair tied neatly in a low bun.

"Mr and Mrs Greene, it's nice to finally meet you, im Ruby Bellvue" she shook their hands, and sat behind her large walnut desk. The office was welcoming and open, clean and comfortable, the two  white leather wing chairs seated the anxious couple. Her own white leather chair had the benefit of wheels.
She smiled at them, noting Mrs Green was halfway off her chair, they both looked like they were about to explode with anticipation

"Well, i suppose you want to know how it all went" she acknowledged

Mrs Greene nodded, her wide eyes studying Ruby for any early indication of an answer

"Well, i am happy to inform you we have 2 successful embryos, and they are ready for implanting"

The Greens loud out a large breath, all the tension in the last 2 weeks escaping them, then Mrs Green piped up "two?" she exclaimed

"Two, a boy and a girl" she calmly assured

Laney turned to her husband "two!"

He seemed to be still catching up "whats next?" he asked

"We place them in the surrogate tonight, and in 6 months, you will be holding your two children in your arms"

"6 months?" he asked

"Yes" she answered, unwavering.

"How?" he pushed, his wife no longer present in the details.  She was lost in the thought she was now  a mother of two small embryos, something some of the best doctors in New York and Chicago were unable to do

"Mr Green, we don't discuss the details of our labs work, it is highly protected. What we do here at Bellevue had taken many years to perfect, you understand if our technology got out..."

"Of course!" Mrs Green piped up "Honey, it dosn't matter, were have 2 babies!" she cried and laughed at the same time

"The surrogate? Will we meet her and be a part of the pregnancy?" Mr Green asked

"Were going to meet her now" she smiled

***

The facility was impressive. They walked back through the lobby, the receptionist flashing them another welcoming smile on her red painted lips as they walked past,  ruby lead them to an elevator. The natural light throughout the lobby shone through the massive front windows, the entire way up to the sixth floor they watched the lobby below, the glass giving them a full view as they rose.

"This is our surrogate floor, the woman live on premises during their pregnancy" she led them to a door marked 602, and knocked. "And for 3 months after, to make sure they are in perfect health when they leave"

"Come in" a voice came from behind the door

Ruby opened the door, a woman sat cross legged on a yoga mat, facing the large window overlooking the grounds, which had trees for miles and miles.