Secrets

The entire dinner Andreas couldn't keep a smile off his face. I knew he didn't have a preference on the gender of our baby, but I knew he was secretly hoping for a boy. We were currently just taking an evening walk around the city of Hamburg.

Andreas holds my hand firm and keeps me close to him. We walk in peaceful bliss just taking in all the sounds of the people.

I feel butterflies in my stomach and I take this as an opportunity to bring up my concern of the man I've been seeing everywhere among other things I've felt and witnessed being here in Germany.

I squeeze Andreas' hand and say "meine Liebe?"

"Yes schätzchen?" I hear him say in a low voice.

I look up at him expecting to still see his bright smile but I only see worry in his face. I watch him scan over the area looking around as if someone could pop out of the alleyway any minute. This worries me and I stop walking.

Andreas looks back at me and forces a smile "what's wrong?" He says searching my face. "Are you not happy?" he asks me with worry on his face.

"No I'm extremely happy" I say rubbing my stomach "I just feel like you're not." I say staring up at him now.

"What do you mean? You've made me the happiest man in the world" he says still confused as to what I'm getting at.

"Andreas, is there something you're not telling me?" I say folding my arms over my chest now. Taken by surprise Andreas cocks his head to the side, but his eyes are knowing .

"I just feel like you're so paranoid about something? Your family is sweet but they're secretive, everything is so secret here... you have men everywhere ready to do anything for you at the drop of a pin, I hear you at odd hours answering calls and getting angry over the phone even though you don't work anywhere,every time I bring up your name people seem to be cautious on the subject and select their words very carefully, even Mia, bless her soul, even she seems to know more than me... and I've been seeing this weird man everywhere I go. I swear he's watching me... I-I just feel like I'm just this little child here that no one tells anything!" I say frustratedly

Andreas stares at me for a second before he says anything. It's almost as if he's calculating his answer.

Next thing I know I'm in his arms and he's holding me. I lay my face on his firm chest and close my eyes trying to calm my frustration.

"Schätzchen please don't get worked up" I hear his voice vibrate through his chest.

I feel him rub my back trying to calm me but I can't get these thoughts out of my head.

"What's going on Andreas? I know I'm not just making these things up" I say shakily.

I look up at him while he looks off in the distance and I see him swallow.

"My.." Andreas starts to say but he looks around
"Let's get back to the house.." he says still looking away from me.

"But-" I start to say but Andreas cuts me off raising his hand as if to tell me to stop.

"Please" Andreas says looking me in my eyes and I decide not to pester him.

The walk home was quiet. I couldn't stop thinking about how Andreas looked when I brought up my concerns. It was almost like he had seen a ghost like the thing that he never wanted to be brought up was brought up.

I was kind of upset that Andreas didn't feel like he could tell me what was going on. It made me feel like we weren't as close as I thought.

When we got to our house I went straight up the stairs and to the bathroom.

I was too tired to play detective. I strip off my clothes and turn on the shower and wait for it to warm up. I let the hot water run down my body and I let my body relax and close my eyes.

The door to the bathroom creeks and I keep my eyes closed knowing who it is. The shower door opens letting some cool air come in and I feel a strong chest against my back.

Andreas wraps his arms around me and holds me close. He closes the shower door with a thud and he says nothing as he holds me.

"I'm sorry for earlier" he says into my ear.

Even though I was upset his voice still excited me and raised the hairs on the back of my neck.

I feel kisses on my shoulder and I start to forget why I was angry in the first place. Something he was good at doing to me.

"Six months ago I promised you I would protect you and I wasn't able to" he says with his thick accent. "I failed you" I hear his voice break.

"I won't let that happen again... everything I do is to protect you and our säugling please stop looking into things" Andreas says sternly.

I hear the shower door open again and I'm left in the shower alone.

Sorry for the slow update 💔
How are you liking things so far?

What do you think Andreas is hiding?