Chapter 7|Inside the Battlefield

§: Kyoshi

I stare at the sky waiting for Yurufu who's still in the guild, doing who knows what.

- Come on Yurufu, we don't have all day!

- Yeah, yeah, I'm coming!

I hear Yurufu's footsteps coming closer so I stop looking at the sky and turn around.

- Are you good?

- Yep!

- Ok then, wait here for a second.

I teleport myself on the small flat surface at the top of the guild's inclined roof. I sit down on the edge and I start to look around for signs of battle or explosions.

*Big explosion noise*

A big black cloud appears in the distance, outside the city, near the city's southwest walls. I teleport myself back down and go see Yurufu inside the guild hall. She sees me and gets up from the bench.

- So, did you find them?

- Yeah, they're near the city's walls. Southwest.

- Good, they're not going to destroy anything important.

- Let's go then. Are you ready?

-Yeah.

I teleport us near the place where I saw the big explosion. We're now right next to the gigantic iron wall. We look in front of us and try to see something but we can't really see anything because of the black fog or cloud, I can't really tell. Suddenly an unknown body falls down from the sky and lands in front of us. Yurufu looks scared of it but then suddenly gets back to normal. The body is bleeding and it looks lifeless.

- Come on, let's just go already.

I walk past the dead body and enter the fog. Yurufu stays close to me from behind and tries her best to follow me without slowing me down because of her injuries. I start to hear some screams and some noise from afar in the fog. I take out a small white rapier and swing it really hard from left to right. It creates a strong wind that slices the black fog and makes it disappear nearly entirely. I see Fumie far in the distance fighting enemies aside Hiro and his ice scythe and her with her blue crystalline claws. Suzuki is probably fighting with the big bunch of people regrouped at one place, same for Dan (Suzuki's partner). Apart from all the guild members, there's a really big amount of people in armors, it might even be an entire army because think there might be around five hundred persons if not more. Also, because of that, all I can hear right now is the sound of swords colliding and either some death screams or screams of war. As I look around, I see a group of people running right at me with their weapons in hand. Yurufu draws her swords and prepares herself to fight, but suddenly, she falls on her knees. I can hear her grumbling as she desperately tries to stand up to fight. I look around and realize that we are now surrounded by a group of fifteen or twenty people. I take a look at Yurufu again and start to feel pity for her.

- *sigh* I've seen enough, just relax already.

- But... I want to... Help you... Argh...

- It's fine, I can easily take care of these guys. And I know you've been through a tough fight earlier, I think you've done enough already, so just relax okay?

-... Okay...

Yurufu stops struggling and sits on the ground. I put a magic barrier around her and then give my attention to the enemies around us as I prepare myself to fight.

- Sakusei mode! Shinkyuku summon, Shinku!

I take my sword and immediately block a magic attack coming from the right with the side of my blade. Then, someone rushes at me and swings his large double-edged sword at me with full strength, so I quickly move to the left and dodge the slash. I swing my sword from side to side cutting him open in half. One dead. Then two more enemies arrive, they're trying to kill me so desperately it seems, but each time they attack me, I block the attack and push them back further and further away each time so that I can block the magic attacks coming from afar. I then see an opportunity to kill maybe three or four of them when they try to recharge their magic. I take it and strike lighting on a small number of people, five dead, and then attack the two who were trying to kill me at close combat. The first one tries to counter-attack my sword, but it fails because it wasn't fast enough and so it cost him life. Six dead. The other one instantly tries to attack me while I'm distracted by the other dead guy, but I guess he didn't know that I already saw him and that he was about to die in vain. I take a quick look at Yurufu to see if she's doing alright inside the barrier. She's just sitting on the ground peacefully and calmly. I immediately dodge him and pierce him with an ice shard directly in the heart. Seven dead. Suddenly, all of the other guys who were attacking from afar earlier, start to rush towards me with their weapons pointed directly at me. Some of them have special weapons or even magic weapons. I put my hand on my face and make a big sigh because of how dumb they are.