Chapter 2|Tomoshi

The Other World, first seen 537 years ago during a daily exploration by a group of explorers. It was a strange red crimson gate. These people wanted to keep their identity secret because of all the reporters and things like that. The group went in and found creatures that had never been seen before and they were terrified by them. The monsters looked corrupted, bloody, distorted and mostly crimson. The explorers also found different types of monsters, but because of their similar physical appearance, they decided to call all of them Crimson Monsters and divide them by type. They kept analyzing them for a long time and categorized them by their strength and personalities. Ten categories, the weakest ones, category one, common and the strongest ones, category ten, extremely rare. The Crimson Monsters had never attacked us for an entire century, but then, one day, a gate opened, as usual, but that time a category one got out of the gate and started attacking everything. There were 56 casualties. Normally, people would have been able to defend themselves against it, but because people were frightened, they didn't know what to do against it. So until the Defenders arrived, some people tried to fight back but, ended up hurt. When the army arrived, they managed to kill the Crimson Monster quite easily, but they had overestimated the monster's power and brought literally an entire team of Defenders just for a weakling. At least they helped the injured people, healed them and then built back everything the monster had destroyed. Since that day, Crimson Monsters have been appearing through gates, again and again, everyone had been warned about the events that happened and they were on their guards, ready to defend themselves. The monsters that appeared were always either a category one or two, category three hardly ever appeared. The Defenders were always protecting the population from danger. Those easy times lasted until eight years ago, it was during a party that my mom always did each year, the same day that she always made it. I was ten, I got traumatized by what happened back then, but now I think of it as an example of the cruelty of the world. That night, my mother had finally decided to let other children join the party and it made me so happy. I guess it was a mistake to let them in because they all died that night. There were ten kids, all dead... actually, I think one of them survived, the oldest one, I don't remember anything else about him other than just, him being the cause of the tragedy...
~

As I head towards the exit quickly, in anger, a guard sees me and stops me from leaving the castle.

- Hello Miss Yurufu! I didn't recognize you earlier. How have you been lately? He says as he smiles at me.

- Uhm... Good, I suppose... I say nervously.

- Oh, why?

- Nothing, I'm just pissed off because of a personal reason. I'm gonna leave now, bye. I explain as I walk through the entrance and leave Royalty.C.

I decide to go take a walk in the park to calm myself. I walk towards the same tree I always go to whenever this kind of stuff happens and sit down leaning against the trunk of the tree.

Something suddenly falls on my head, but something light. I take it in my hand, it's a leaf but, it seems as though it was ripped, deformed and painted red. I look up and see that nearly all of the leaves are like that. "That's weird..."

*WARNING! WARNING!
A GATE TO THE OTHERWORLD AS OPENED!
CATEGORY; UNKNOWN!
TYPE; UNKNOWN!
PLEASE REMAIN INSIDE WHILE WE TAKE CARE OF THE SITUATION!*

- Agh... What now... I murmur to myself as I close my eyes in fatigue.
...
..
.

Until I suddenly hear someone scream something.

- Hey, you, move away from the tree! Now!

I open my eyes and see three people running in my direction, Defenders to be more precise.