First to know

"Did you enjoy the breakfast Princess?"

The weather was too nice to be spending it indoor that's why you two were at the ground near the lake. The sun was shining brightly but the ray wasn't too hot that your skin would feel like it's burning. Just enough of sunlight to get your dose of vitamin D.

That with the refreshing breeze accompanied by the sound of the rustling of the leaves and Yoongi laying down, using your leg as a pillow while playing with your hands? It's perfect.

More than perfect.

"Of course I did." You answered while staring at the calming view infront of you.

"Really? Even though I didn't cook it?"

"Yes"

"No secrets between us right? So you can tell the truth."

The edge on his voice made your head tilt, not knowing where he's going with it.

"Yes?" You answered. Of course you did! There's a freaking roasted pecking duck.

Silence.

He stayed silent for awhile making you look at him. He's still playing with your hands but he has his thinking face on. Emotionless, withdrawn.

Yoongi? What's wrong?

"Even though I don't have flowers for you before we had breakfast?" He asked in a hushed tone. And that's when you realize what's going in his mind.

"How did y- I was going to tell you, but.. I can't pick the right time.. If I told you last night.. well.. I would've ruined the night.."

"That's why you didn't tell me?" He's still playing with your hands, his eyes on your hand, face still passive.

"I- Y-Yes.. I'm sorry. I know I should've told you as soon as possible.."

He hummed then slowly look up at you. "Do you wanna know how I knew, Princess?"

You weren't sure if you do. Wanna know. You didn't tell anyone.. so did Namjoon tell him? If yes, why? To evoke jealousy? But that doesn't seem like Namjoon.

"Yes indeed Princess. It wasn't him. It was you." His hand stopped, his gaze turning hard.

"W-What do you mean?"

He sighed then sat up so that your faces were leveled, the hard gaze he was sporting was gone. There's sadness in his eyes instead.

"When we were dining last night. You would go silent of a minute, your thoughts would fly to that memory. It was just in fragments. And I knew how hard you tried to tell me. I was waiting for you to tell me.. then you'd shake your head and smile at me widely. That happened a few times. I tried so hard not to be affected by it, but what can I say? I may not be human anymore, but I can still feel.. deeply actually." The last words were whispered.

The sudden confrontation cause a haywire of emotion in you. A little relief that it's already out there. Sadness, because you let Yoongi down. Guilt, because while you knew Yoongi would be feeling this way, you did welcome Namjoon with an open arm and worse, you enjoyed his company.

"I.. is that why you said what you said this morning?"

He nodded then gently held your face. As you look at him now, you're reminded of the man you met at the bar. How mysterious he was to you back then and how much he opened himself through time, how he truly let you in.

And how much you irrevocably, ineradicably, unvaryingly love him.

He smiled as you thought about it, but it doesn't quite reached his eyes.

"Promise me one thing Princess." He said as he caress your cheek

"Anything." You answered.

His eyes squinted, his brow furrowed while he bit his lower lip. Letting you know that whatever he's going to say next pains him. A lot.

"The mere thought of this is killing me.. and I'm praying to the man up above to prevent it from happening. And believe me when I say, I don't pray. Not anymore.. 

But if the time came that you.. fell out of love for me and fell in love with him.. Please let me be the first one to know."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A/N:

How's everyone? I miss you guys!

For those who checked up on me, messaged me when I was on semi-hiatus. Thank you so much! It meant a lot to me. 💜

I promise to update more this Lenten season. Oh and I'm so happy to tell you guys that Catastrophe has reached 21k reads! Mygod. 21K.

Have a great day/night chinggus!

4/16/19