23

My fault for any mistakesss.

I made my way straight home after school. I had to rush since people kept asking me about the fight and a round two. I tried my best to avoid Nahmir all day and I did exceptionally well, since I didn't see him at all today.

I was now getting ready for my date. Kailani was dressed and over at my house to help me get ready. Cordae was somewhere around the house, probably talking to Nahmir about what happened today.

"Are you sure I look good?" I asked her, the bruise I had on my left cheek was still visible. She laughed at my nerves and nodded yes to confirm. I gave her a smile and we made our way downstairs, into the living room.

Nick ignored me and left as soon as we started talking about our plans. Cordae, Kailani and I talked about where we were going and what Kailani set up. I asked Kailani to take a photo of me on her phone near the side doors before we left. "Send that to me." I said, digging for my phone.

Wait, my phone!

"Shit, hold on I left my phone upstairs." I said. I jogged up the stairs and into my room, getting the worse surprise ever. "Why are you in my room?" I asked him. He was lying down on his back, sprawled on my bed. He sat up and stared at me but didn't answer. I repeatedly myself, but with more of an attitude.

I looked at the time on the cable box and sighed, I didn't have time to question him. I just wanted to go on my little date and enjoy myself. I walked over to my bed and reached for my phone, when he grabbed my arms so I could hover over him. "Bro, let me—"

Before I could finish, he grabbed my jaw and kissed me roughly. I began to kiss back, then realized what I was doing. I pulled away and furrowed my eyebrows at him. He only laughed. "That distraction of yours, let him know who your pussy belongs to." He says.

My eyes dilated after I interpreted what was just said. "My pussy is mine and is about to belong to someone else for the night, so if you would excuse me." I say and yanked my phone off the bed. I walked over his legs that hanged from the side of the bed and made my way to the door. "Oh, and get out my room!"

I walked down the hall and into my mothers room to tell her I was leaving. She gave me a speech earlier that day when I got home about fighting with people who she states, "doesn't care about their future".

After I went downstairs, I explained to Kailani and Cordae that I 'couldn't find my phone'. Kailani gave me a look that said she knew what was up. We left the house and Cordae drove while Kailani sat in the passenger seat and I in the back.

I posted the photo Kailani took of me and turned my phone off for the rest of the drive.

•••

"Well isn't this fancy," I say as I strolled into the restaurant Kailani picked out. "I mean it was the best-looking place for a date." She says as she talked to the reserver. I couldn't help but to admit how old I felt going on a date with somebody I possibly don't even know.

"Relax, bitch." Kailani says.

We walked over to a booth and I slid in first, then Kailani. Cordae sat across from her.

After about ten minutes, Kailani picked up her phone and her eyes lit up. "He's here!" She says. I didn't want to seem nervous, so I slowly took a deep breath. Man, he better be great.

Or else I won't be getting distracted at all today. I glanced at the entrance of the restaurant every five seconds to try and make out who I was on this date with.

Just as I was about to give up on looking, I heard the 'ding' of the doorbell that went off when somebody walks in. I was hoping who I was seeing was going to be my date. He was tall, well taller than me and dark skin. His hair was in high-top style and it looked as if he got a shape-up hours before. He stood in a threshold, in his silk floral shirt and black pants as he looked around. Is he looking for us?