Chapter 13 - An Anniversary Pt. 3

I finally caught my breath. Standing in front of me was Hoseok. He was wearing a formal suit. I walked over to him.
"I thought you were busy!"
"I was busy planning today."
"I don't understand. . ." I was hurt. Today was special but why didn't he experience it with me.
He read my mind and answered. "I was busy today. They did book us for more things than originally planned. But I put my foot down and said I wanted to do this. I knew I wanted to surprise you."
I hugged him. If I watched him or heard him talk anymore I was going to cry. I might still cry. He was here. He wrapped his arms around me. "Y/n, my song. I have waited for this moment for 300 days."
He pulled away just enough to tilt my head up. The kiss that he gave me was so soft and gentle. I could feel heat there, but for the moment a soft gentle kiss was enough. He finally let go of me and I turned to look at the rest of the room. There were dozens upon dozens upon dozens of more roses. Rose buds, partially opened, fully bloomed. The lights were dimmed, but there were candles everywhere. There was a round table. It was at that time I realized all the guys were there. Hoseok took my hand and lead me too the table.
"Y/n, you look beautiful tonight," Minhyuk said "I hope Hoseok doesn't get jealous for me saying that." The rest of the guys murmured in agreement.
"Tanya," Hyunwoo said, "You look exquisite as well!"
We all sat down and ate. The conversation was always bubbling. We laughed and joked. It was wonderful how natural it felt. Hoseok held my hand in between courses. We would watch each other, we would whisper to each other. I was so happy, no, beyond thrilled he was there. This night could not have ended any better. There was no way.

At the very end of the meal Hoseok cleared his throat. "I have something to say and I apologize if it is long. Y/n, we met 300 days ago by accident. I have come to enjoy bringing you back to the here and now when you get lost." I felt myself blush, he would never let me live that down. "We have gotten to know each other so much since that time. Everyday I look forward to your messages. I hope you know this is not a dream. If it is, I don't want to wake up. You make me smile. You make me laugh. I am genuinely happy. Please know that I know you will never hurt me. You will never break my heart." Hoseok paused to take a breath. I could see tears had formed and we're starting to roll down his cheeks. I loved this sensitive and caring side of him. I reached and squeezed his hand.
"Today I sent you places that mean a lot to me. I sent you on a picnic. I want us to eat good food together. Where ever, whenever, and whatever we want. I sent you to see some songbirds. You are my song. I would not change your name for anything. You inspire me. You inspire my music." He kissed my hand. I smiled, it made me feel satisfied knowing that I understood his meaning today. I knew what he wanted to tell me at the aviary. We were on the same page.
"I hope you felt like a princess after your spa visit. You are a princess to me. You always will be. You are so very special to me. I want to spoil you in any way I can. Please let me. Please don't fight me on it. Never hesitate to ask for something. If I can I will give it to you. If I could I would give you the moon and the stars." It was my turn to start crying. To have someone treat me like this was so unlike anything I had ever experienced before. He sat on the chair and looked directly into my eyes. He cupped my chin.
"I want to say something to you I have not said yet. Please hear me out. I gave you my heart completely 300 days ago. I have wanted to tell you this from that moment at the mall. That moment when you looked up and realized who I was. That was the first time you made me smile. That was when I knew. Then on the stairs at the theatre, when we joked. I knew it then. I knew it when we met again by accident at the beach. When we talked all night. Well, I talked, you fell asleep." My heart rate picked up. Those were some of my most favorite moments. How are we so in tune? It's like our hearts know. He smiled at me. He knew what I was thinking. "There you go getting lost again." He stood up as the whole room laughed.
"Y/n, my song," I looked up as I heard his voice catch, as I saw the tears start to freely fall. I stood up next to him and held him.
"Hoseok. My Gasu. You have to know how much you mean to me too. Words are never going to be enough. How can I tell you? How can I show the world? How can I make you understand that you mean everything to me. I have never experienced this before. I want to be there for you. To comfort you, to help you, to make you smile."
We looked at each other and smiled.
"Hoseok," "Y/n"
"I love you."
"I love you."
Our hearts let us say it at the exact same moment. In that moment my heart felt like it had been completely healed. We pulled me closer to him and kissed me. I could hear the guys somewhere out in the muffled noise saying things like, it's about time, why'd they put it off, did they really not know, is this really their first time saying it. What they said didn't matter. He loved me and I loved him. We loved each other. We would figure it out.
Hoseok pulled away. "One more thing, my song," he said as he kneeled. The room went silent. "Will you do me the honor to be my wife? To make me smile everyday? To let me wake you up everyday so you know you aren't dreaming?"
With no hesitation I said, "YES! I cannot say yes enough times!"
I'm not dreaming, he will show me I'm not!

 "Will you do me the honor to be my wife? To make me smile everyday? To let me wake you up everyday so you know you aren't dreaming?"With no hesitation I said, "YES! I cannot say yes enough times!" I'm not dreaming, he will show me I'm not!