Chapter 11 - An Anniversary Pt.1

I was so excited. Hoseok was going to be in town for our 300 day anniversary. We had been talking and the guys figured out how to get it so they would be in town. They would be busy, but we'd get to see each other! I had less than a week. Less than half a week. Ok. Who was I kidding, I had exactly 31 hours 18 minutes and 52 . . .51 . . . 50. . .
I heard Hoseok's ringtone. I had made his song my ringtone fo him. It was beautiful and every time he called, it felt like he was singing to me.
"Hi!" I was probably a little too cheerful because he laughed. I could hear his smile through the phone.
"Hello my song." I never grew tired of hearing him call me that. Sometimes I even got teary eyed.
"I am so excited! I have seen you since the last time at the beach." He laughed again. "Do you think we will still feel the same in person?"
"About that. . ." I heard it. I heard the hesitation.
"What happened?"
"We aren't going to be able to meet." I could tell he was disappointed. I could hear the little hitch in his voice.
"You aren't coming anymore? But I see interviews set up."
"We are coming. But they overbooked us. We are going to be so busy."
"Oh." I tried to hide my disappoint, but the tears were threatening to fall. I inhaled as I felt one fall. Followed by one from the other side. We were supposed to see each other. Why? What does the world have against us that we wouldn't meet again? It was hard enough getting this.
"Y/n, my song, I am sorry." I could hear his tears start. "I just wanted to call and tell you beforehand. I have to go though. I'm sorry again." I heard the line click.
It was that easy to hang up? He couldn't let me try to comfort him? He couldn't try to comfort me? Did the company do this on purpose? I had so many questions. I couldn't think. I ended up paying down and falling asleep. My heart, although not broken, it hurt. The next couple of days felt like the drug on. At the same time it was a blur. Somehow I managed to function at work. I still had to go to the city, I had asked for the time off. I was still planning on meeting up with Tanya and Charlie. They were planning a get together to take my mind off of things. After work I finished packing, loaded the car, and headed out. Hoseok kept messaging me. I couldn't respond. I was to hurt. I understood the whole schedule thing. I got it. But it hurt none the less. After meeting up with Tanya and Charlie we went out for dinner and then karaoke. They had me laughing so much and had my mind sidetracked that I didn't hesitate when my phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Y/N!!! Don't hang up! Please!" It took my mind a second. But hearing his voice made me smile. My heart yearned for him, bringing back the emotions. I heard his breath catch. In that moment I realized that as much as I was hurting, he must have been hurting too. And I made it worse by ignoring him. I excused myself and went outside.
"Hoseok, my Gasu, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was so selfish."
"Don't say that. You could never be selfish."
"Did you guys get into town safely?"
"Yes, we've had non-stop interviews. It's crazy!" I heard his voice pick up. He loved this stuff. He loved sending his love to Monbebe. They really were his first true love. I could never replace them. I only hoped I could make them proud. "Did you get lost again?" How is this a thing for me? I wander off in my mind.
"I'm back, I'm sorry." He laughed. I have missed that laugh. It had only been a couple of days and I missed it.
"So I have something planned. Although we can't meet, I wanted you to do something special. Take someone with you." He proceeded to tell me that starting tomorrow afternoon at exactly 11am, there would be a car at my hotel to pick me up. He had planned a series of activities. The more he talked about the behind the scenes, the more he got excited. He never gave clues as to what was going on though! I tried to get him to spoil it, but each time he'd laugh.
By the time the call ended, I felt better. Someday we would meet again. I knew it. When and how was what I did not know.

I had a hard time sleeping that night. My phone would vibrate. 'Go to sleep!' How did he know me so well? Ugh! I rolled over. 20 minutes later, buzzzz, 'Why aren't you sleeping?'
It went on like this for several hours. I finally responded, 'Why aren't you sleeping? You keep checking up on me. You need sleep too!'
He sent back a smiley face. I rolled my eyes and laughed. Buzz, 'Dont roll your eyes at me.' I laughed even harder.
I heard Tanya sigh. "You two aren't going to let me sleep either are you."
"Sorry," I whispered. I plugged my phone in, rolled into my side, and tried to go to sleep.
I awoke to Tanya bouncing on the side of my bed. "Hey! It's 10:00!"
Input my arm over my face. She had already opened the curtains. "Why did you let me sleep so late?"
"You needed sleep. Between work, the stress of not seeing Hoseok, and now him keeping you up late, yeah. I didn't want you grouchy for today." I stretched and got up. Tanya handed me a coffee, "You need caffeine. Who knows what he has planned." I smiled. She was right. For all I knew he could be sending me out to rock climb, I hope not! I took a shower and got around. At exactly 11:00 Tanya and I headed downstairs, I stepped out into the bright light. It was so bright I felt like I was waking up from a dream because my curtains were open and the sun was shining in.