Chapter 3 - The Soundcheck Pt. 2

Wonho's manager walks up to our group to let him know he needs to head backstage.
"Ok, I'll be there in a couple of minutes." Wonho continued looking at me throughout their whole conversation. I could tell the manager was getting a little irritated.
Surely this is a common thing, Wonho talking to women. It would have to be. Or at least it happened with the other members. I can't be the first woman that any of them have talked to. I see a hand waving in my face.
"Helloooo y/n? Where did you go?" I see his smile.
"Sorry. Do you need to go? He doesn't look happy that you are still talking to me." I asked just to try to bring back some normalcy to my head. It all still seemed so surreal.
"Nah, he'll be fine. He just tries to round us all up so we don't get behind." He smiled at me again. Have I said I could get used to seeing that everyday? Well, I could. "Y/n, I would love to talk again sometime. How can I get a hold of you?" His eyes staring straight into mine. I'm lost. How can I find the surface? I see him smile again. "Lost again?" Is he in my head, reading my thoughts?
"Oh, um, no. I'm here. I'm not sure. I guess maybe some how we'll meet again if we can by accident. If it happened once, it can happen again, right?"
I must not have sounded very convincing, Wonho just kind of looked at me.
"Ok, if you say so. Anyways, I have to go. Please enjoy the soundcheck. I will perform my best for you. For my Monbebe."
He started to walk away and paused. He turned only halfway to look at me, as if not sure of himself or his next move. "Where's your seat for tonight?"
"Huh?"
"Your seats, where are they? What number?"
I here Charlie's voice answer. "We're sitting in the lower balcony. On the right hand side of the stage. Section 102."
Wonho smiles and walks away.

My friends and I turned and looked at each other. Tanya, always the optimistic one, always looking for the positive. "Y/n, I think he likes you."
"What?! No! I'm a Monbebe. It's because I'm a fan."
"Omg, he does! He so does!" Charlie added.
"You guys, stop, he doesn't."
Charlie and Tanya both rolled their eyes at the same time. They started to laugh. "Get out of my head," they both said at the same time. We all laugh. It's one of the many reasons we connected and get along. We think so much alike. We're sisters. So maybe what they are saying is true. Seriously, though, he has so many options for women. Why would have chosen me?
"Stop over thinking this y/n," Tanya said once again answering the question floating around in my head. "If you guys meet again by accident, well, you'll know more then."

We started seeing people enter the lobby. We followed the crowd. The guys came out and did their few songs. It went by so fast and a blur. I saw Wonho looking through the crowd. Just out of curiosity, I raised my arm and waved when he was looking my direction. He smiled, and then continued. I grabbed Charlie's and Tanya's arms and tugged. More like yanked by the way they looked at me, laughed, and gently rubbed their arms.
"Did you see? He. . .omg!" I was so ecstatic. I wasn't sure if it was because of our interactions today or because I was hyped from the small performance. I was sure he was looking for me.
During the last song for soundcheck, he came to my side of the stage and Hyungwon followed. I could see him looking. I waved. He smiled and laughed. Hyungwon looked at him and looked out to the audience, saw me waving, and said something to Wonho. Wonho looked at him and smiled even bigger, laughing as he walked away. Hyungwon looked back at me. Our eyes met for a few moments, but it felt like minutes. It was like we had a conversation.
'Do you like him?'
'Yes, I do!'
'You won't hurt him?'
'No! He won't hurt me?'
'No. Ok. Nice to meet you're
Our eyes left each other and he walked away. The soundcheck was done and they left the stage. I saw Hyungwon say something to Wonho. My heart starts to flutter as I see him turn and wave and throw a heart to me.

I don't remember walking out. I must have. I could hear Tanya and Charlie talking. They were so excited about the soundcheck. They were excited for the concert in a few hours. But I didn't hear the exact conversation. He threw me a heart. We walked to a close restaurant to get something to eat. Slowly I came back to reality. We started to talk about what the concert would be like, if we were going to be able to see good, whose name we should scream first, etc. There were some other fans at a nearby table and we talked with them. Their seats were almost directly opposite us. We started to discuss doing an echoing type fan chant. We'd call it, they'd answer. The waiter brought our food, interrupting our conversation. We didn't care. A fellow Monbebe is family. It didn't matter who they were, where they were from, or what they did, they were family. We finished up and made our way back to the theatre. We stood in line. Someone in front of us had a speaker and was playing Monsta X on shuffle. We heard old stuff, new stuff, and everything in between. We were getting so hyped up. I couldn't wait for the concert to start. The energy everyone had could be felt throughout. It made us that much more excited and energetic. We could hear people start to pack up and move forward. It was time! My concert! My guys! My Wonho! Omg! My Wonho! Would I ever be able to say that out loud? Would I someday call him that and it actually be true? Maybe only in my dreams. . . But yet . . . He smiled at me.