Chapter 1 - The Meet

I was sitting in the food court of the mall. I had ordered and was waiting for some smoothies for my friends and I. They were finishing up shopping at a specific store, but I was finished for a bit. My bags were sitting on the chair next to me. Half listening for my order number I started scrolling through my Twitter. Seeing a meme about my favorite music group, I giggled. I didn't realize I had done it out loud until I looked up having heard a chuckle  and I caught a smile from the table across from me. I smiled briefly not really looking at the person and ducked my head, looking back at my phone. Hearing my number I get up to go get our order, but my friends hadn't shown up yet. I debated on whether or not to take the drinks and go find my friends or stay put. Knowing I couldn't carry the drinks and my bags, I opted to stay put.

Absentmindedly I stirred my smoothie as I continued to scroll through Twitter. I was so excited that I was in town to see my group. Having traveled to the city a couple of days early, my friends and I wanted to go to a mall and to Chinatown. Seeing a picture of my bias, Hoseok, better known as Wonho, I save it, not knowing for sure if I have it or not already. But really, who cares, the more the merrier. I smile again. Glancing up from my phone, I catch the gaze of the guy across from me. The one who chuckled earlier. Slowly my smile faded as I realize it's my bias. I quicky look away because surely my eyes are playing tricks on me. My phone starts ringing, my ringtone being a track off of my groups most recent album. I quickly silence my phone and look up. My bias has the biggest smile on his face. I can feel my face blushing. The heat rising from my neck to my cheeks and out to my ears. Why am I embarrassed? Ugh, it's not like he hasn't met fans before or seen them outside of a concert. But he's my bias. Feeling my phone vibrate from the missed call I light up my screen and see that one of my friends had called. Turning in my chair so my back was to him, I call her back.

"Y/n, where are you? I thought you said you'd be at the food court?"
Trying to act nonchalant I replied "I am. I'm over by the smoothie place."
"Why are you whispering?"
"What? I'm not!"
"Seriously, where are you. You are whispering. Did you find a hot guy and take him to the bathroom? Omg! Is that why you didn't answer! Y/n, I can't. . ."
Feeling my face flush I cut her off, "WHAT?! NO!" Looking up I realize I said that a little too loud. I hear my friend laughing in the phone. I quickly turn back around to face my table. Lowering my voice to an appropriate level I said, "I'm really by the smoothie place. I already ordered you both a smoothie. I'm two tables in front of it, by the aisle". I ended the call feeling flustered. I couldn't believe she said that. I knew she was just joking but I was already nervous because my bias was there. In front of me. SMILING AT ME. He freaking chuckled! Putting my face in my hands I wondered if the ground could open and swallow me up. Maybe if I scoot low enough in my chair I can crawl under my table. Maybe if I take my hands away from my face he will already be gone.

Hearing a knock on my table I jump a little. Expecting my friends I start to give her a piece of my mind. Looking up I stop. It's my bias. I close my mouth.

On second thought, "I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else." He just smiles at me.
"It's ok. You must be a fan, not just a crazy person?" I can tell he's joking, being slightly sarcastic.
"No, I mean yes. I am a fan. I just. . . I wasn't expecting to ever actually see you. Other than at a concert I mean. I hoped I would meet you. I dreamed. I'm sorry, why am I rambling." I can feel my face flush again.
He chuckles. That's right, he laughs at me. Again!
"I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh. You're cute when you blush. I'm happy to have met a fan." His smile softens and is almost gone.
Seeing that made me sad. "Please don't stop smiling. I have always loved your smile." Instantly his face lights up. His smile takes over his entire face. His eyes almost disappear. A genuine smile. My most favorite type from him.
"I know you know my name. Well, both my stage name and my real name. But I don't know yours."
"My name?"
"Yes, you have one right?" He smiles again.
"Yes, of course. I'm sorry. My name is y/n."
I can see him smiling again, "I like that name." It is my turn to smile. "May I sit down?"
"Oh! Yes, please. I should have asked earlier. I'm sorry."
"It's ok, really."

His phone starts to ring. He looks at it and his smile faded for just a brief moment. "Please excuse me, I have to take this. It's my manager." He gets up and walks away.
I look the opposite direction and see my two friends standing a short distance away. Both have a shocked expression on their face. Walking up to the table they are stuttering and talking over each other.
"Was . . . Was that. . .is that really him? Is that really Hoseok?" As they are asking the questions all I can do is nod.

I see Wonho turning and walking back to the table. Stopping just before he reaches me, he sees my friends. I see his smile, but it is his public smile. I introduce him.
"These are my two best friends. Charlotte, but we call her Charlie. And this is my other friend Tanya. They are my sisters." After introducing my friends his smile turned real. There is my smile. I could see that everyday. Not just in pictures.

"So that was my manager. I have to go. I didn't realize how late it was. We have to go for soundcheck. Do you want to come?"
"What?"
"Soundcheck. Like where we test the microphones and stuff."
"I know what it is. I just don't understand why you are inviting us."
"Because you are a fan and why not?"
"Um. . ." I look at my friends. They are both staring and nodding. I look back at Wonho. His smile is even bigger.
"They say yes. Are you just going to stay here?" He is teasing me. He laughs.
"What if I do stay here?" I said trying to joke back. His smiles fades. I can see that my sarcasm didn't show. I hurt him. "Yes, I will come too. Of course I want too. I wouldn't miss an opportunity to see you."
"Hopefully that won't be the last time we see each other."
"I hope not." I reply. I know it probably will be, but I can dream can't I?