Chapter 10 - A Relationship

I was amazed at how much time had passed. After the initial bumps in the beginning we figured out a routine for us. Not really a routine, but I guess what fit for us. We called when we could, we left messages if we didn't answer. We sent text messages regardless of the time. We sent a lot of pictures. His gift song for me was included on their comeback. It was described as a gift for Monbebe, but it was for me. I didn't talk about it because it was special to me. I was always excited to see Monbebe talking about it and seeing how happy they were. The comeback was amazing. I wish I could have been there with them. But no one knew we were dating yet. There was talk at one point in time about Changkyun dating someone from his company. He wasn't, but it was still funny to read the guesses and assumptions. The Korean tabloids trying to get pictures of him and his girlfriend. He toyed with them and played with them. He would wave at them as he walked out. He'd pretend to be on his phone and talk really loudly. They eventually gave up.
Our 100 day came and went. He sent me a necklace. It had his name on it. It wasn't extravagant and I was glad being it was only our 100 days. I sent him a stuffed animal. Well, a rabbit specifically. But this rabbit was special. I hugged it every night for 2 weeks before sending it. He constantly sent me pictures of him hugging it.
Our 200 days was just as uneventful. He was busy with a schedule and unfortunately we didn't even get to talk other than texts. I sent him two new bunnies. This time one bunny was a keychain and the second was a singing bunny. Again I hugged both for two weeks. I took pictures and sent them to him after he got them, so he could see me hugging them. He put his keychain on his travel bag and he never took it off. He took his other bunny on the plane and sat it in the seat next to him. He posted a picture on FanCafe saying it was a wonderful gift from his Monbebe. Monbebe went crazy! The word HIS kept getting highlighted. Monbebe were excited that he potentially had a girlfriend. Netizens and the tabloids started following him. I very distinctly remember the first time I found out that it was serious.

My phone rang. "Hey."
"Gasu, hey!"
"Ummm. . ."
"Are you ok?"
"No."
"What's going on? Do I need to be worried?"
"I don't know. They know."
"What?"
"They know."
"Know what?"
"About us. Well me seeing someone. I don't think they know about you specifically."
"But who knows. I mean, I know Monbebe are guessing."
"Everybody."
"So what does this mean then? Do we need. . ." I couldn't even finish my words. The thought alone was making me anxious.
"NO! Don't even think that," I could tell he didn't like the idea either. "We'll figure this out together somehow."
"Does the company know?"
"They've suspected for awhile. They didn't say anything because it hasn't affected my work."
"That's good, right?"
"Hey, my manager is calling me. I will text you in a bit."

After he hung up I immediately jumped on Twitter. Nothing was trending. So I just started scrolling. Then I saw it. The first unrelated post. I say unrelated because it wasn't from a Monbebe. The words were simple and to the point.
Wonho shouldn't be dating. Period. My breath trembled. I pushed the power button to black out my screen. The article continued but I didn't want to read anymore. I couldn't. Why were other people not ok with it if Monbebe were. My phone buzzed. It was Tanya in the group chat.
'DID YOU SEE?!?!'
Hoping she was talking about something else I tried to stay positive. 'See what?'
'Hoseok has a girlfriend.'
Ok. So same topic. She was in my head again if she knew what was going on.
'I was just talking to him about it. He says everyone knows, including the company.'
Charlie popped into the group chat. 'This is crazy! Did you read this?
Oh, NVM, I see we are at it again.'
'He said we'd figure it out. I'm trying not to be anxious. Monbebe were nice about it.'
'That was international Monbebe though. Do we really know how KMBB feel?'
'No, you're right. I just need to wait until he gets back to me.' He must have been in my head because I saw a Kakao bubble notification from him. 'That's him. BRB.'

'HEY SONG!!!'
He must have got good news. After this much time I am used to how he types. 'Good news?'
'Better than good news!'
'Ok. Tell me.'
'Nope! Guess!'
'What?! No'
'Guess!'
'No. I hate guessing.'
'GUESS!'
'Ok fine. . .'
I decided I was going to challenge him at his own game. I was going to make him wait.
'hey. Where'd you go?'
A few minutes later. . .
'Hey?'
A couple more minutes. . .
'HEY!'
'What? What happened?'
'You're supposed to be guessing what the company said.'
'I'm thinking. . .'
'I hate waiting. . .'
'I hate guessing. . .'
'OK fine. I give up with you.'
'I can out wait you making me guess, lol.'
'So do you want to know then?'
'Yes please.'
'How about I make you wait. . .'
This was followed by several minutes of no response. Ok, I see your retaliation and raise you stubbornness. So I wait.
'NOOOOONA!!!'
Uhoh. He only calls me that when he's really getting irritated with me.
'Ok ok. Tell me.'
'The company said we could go public. They can either make a statement, or we can.'
'Hmmmm.'
'What does hmmm mean?'
'I'm thinking.'
'Again? Lol. Are you lost?'
'Lol. No. But I think they should make the statement. It needs to say we've been dating since the tour.'
'Ok, that makes sense. That'll show that we don't need their approval and that we can make it work.'
'Exactly.'
'I'll get back with the company.'
'Bye.'

What kind of dream is this turning out to be? The company is ok with it? They KNEW?! I have to be dreaming.