Chapter 7 - The Morning After

I had fallen asleep reading his messages. It was almost funny. He sent message after message after message. It was like I couldn't open them fast enough. One line. Two lines. Emoticons. It was like he wanted me distracted. Or maybe he was trying to distract himself. I slipped in a line here or a line there. I don't even remember closing my eyes or what time it was.
I opened my eyes the next morning and stretched. I had good dreams last night. He said I would. I quickly looked at my phone. Dang! No battery. I forgot to plug it in. I plugged it in to charge and I went to take my shower. After finishing and getting around I looked at the charge. 32%. 'I'll turn it on and got get my milk.' I grabbed my wallet and room key and headed downstairs. Walking up to the cafe, the barista smiled at me.
"Same today?"
"Yes please. Actually can I skip the cinnamon but add vanilla?" She nodded. I walked over to the newspapers on the nearby coffee table. Flipping through I had found the entertainment section. I thumbed through it and saw a headline for Monsta X. 'Wow, really? That's exciting,' I thought. I read the article. It talked about them having a sold out show, the show being fiery and spectacular. The article was very well written. If the reporter wasn't a fan before, they were now. I set the paper aside as I heard my name called.

After I got back upstairs I looked at my phone. He had sent me over 50 messages. I started laughing. Of course he would. I could picture him smiling the entire time. I pulled up the messages. They started out the same way as I remembered them, one line, two lines, emoticons. Slowly the got less coherent and became more emoticons. He must have been getting tired and falling asleep. My heart warmed at the idea. Looking at the time stamp it had been around 1:30 am. Getting to the end, I quickly text a message back.
'GOOD MORNING!' Quickly I sent an emoticon, followed up by 'Wish I could get you some coffee.' Followed by a gif of someone drinking coffee. I set my phone down to start packing my bag. I had barely walked to the end of the bed when I heard my Kakao ringtone. It was a video chat. I answer obviously expecting Wonho. I surprised when instead of seeing him I saw Minhyuk, Changkyun, and Jooheon. "Hi guys! What are you doing with Wonho's phone?"
"He left it on the table. He's sleeping still," Jooheon answered.
"But isn't his Kakao password protected?"
"Yeah, but we know it. Do you really think secrets can be kept here?" Minhyuk was laughing as Changkyun answered.
I smiled, "I suppose not. What time do you guys leave?"
Minhyuk took the phone from Changkyun. "Y/n! Guess what?!" I didn't even have a chance to answer before he continued on. "Hoseok was talking in his sleep earlier. He was saying how pretty you were. He was smiling."
I didn't know how to respond. I couldn't respond. Somehow the blush on my face did not allow me to answer. But the blush spoke volumes. Minhyuk took the phone over to the bed and sat down next to Wonho. Then he bounced on the bed. Wonho tried pushing him off.
"Wonho-hyung! That's not nice to do in front of y/n!"

Wonho opened his eyes and looked from Minhyuk to the phone and back again. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, ran his fingers through his hair, yawned, and stretched.
Thinking to myself that was so cute! Omg! I could get used to seeing that every morning. When I focused back in the video instead of my daydream, I saw Wonho smiling at me.
"Lost again?" Why does he always say that? Ugh! "You're adorable when you space out. I like it."
"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"
"Yes. You?"
"I fell asleep to you bombarding me with messages," I laughed. "It was nice. After that, yes, I slept well."
"Did you eat?"
"No, but I have my warmed milk. I don't eat much breakfast." He frowned at my statement.
"You know you need to eat regularly. Don't make me worry too much for you," he scolded me.
"Yes, like you have room to talk. How regularly do you eat?"
"We aren't discussing my eating habits. We are talking about yours." He laughed. "What time do you leave?"
"Hey!" I frowned at him, "Don't change the subject." I started to laugh, which made him laugh. "I leave in about an hour. I have to drive a few hours. I have to go back to work on Sunday."
"Please drive safely. I want you to message me every time you stop and then I want you to call when you get home."
"Yes Wonho," I tried to act nonchalant and answer a little flippantly.
"Hey," he said sharply. "I'm being serious. Please."
I looked in his eyes and saw how serious he was. "Ok Wonho. I will be careful. But you need to promise me the same thing. Please be careful, eat well, get rest."
He smiled at me, "Yes, I promise wholeheartedly. But you promise?"
"Yes, I do." Those words, my heart just melted. Those words were so perfect.

I could hear the guys in the background starting to tease him. I also heard Kihyun walk in and he started talking about them needing to finish packing. Wonho looked back at me.
"Goodbye for now."
"I'll talk to you later, I promise."
He smiled again, "I believe you."
The video ended. I sat there for a few more moments. This all still feels unreal. It's slowly getting easier to believe the more I talk to him. He is so perfect. At least I haven't found any flaws yet. My phone buzzed.
'Stop thinking about me and finish packing. I'll be waiting for your messages.'
How does he do that? How does he know what I'm thinking?
My phone buzzed again, 'I said stop.' This was followed by a goofy emoticon.

I have to be dreaming. That's the only thing that makes sense, right?