Imaginary Heather just laughed. "'Feeling alright?' Your boyfriend's a riot."

I ignored her, and decided to just answer Millard. "Oh, you know, just hallucinating that my dead cousin's with me. Is that a side effect of not treating a stab wound for more than three days? Or is it from dehydration? I can't quite remember."

Our guard decided that it was the perfect time to wake up from his eight hour nap. He must have fallen out of his chair, since he suddenly stopped snoring, and looked around wildly. For being a wight, this guy was super dumb, but I just ignored him, and closed my eyes again. I thought that he would have just gone back to sleep, if it wasn't for the clanging of the metal steps above us, meaning someone was coming. I opened my eyes again, and saw our guard stand up at attention.

Heather whistled, as she ran a hand through her long, curly blonde hair. "Ladies and gentleman, here comes the general."

A new wight appeared, and our guard relaxed. The new guy (I'm gonna call him Todd, because that's an evil name) came in with three loaves of bread, and a jug of water with cups. He handed the water jug to our guard--whose legitimate name was Funderburker--and grunted.

"Time to water the weeds," Todd said as he eyed us all carefully, as if we were rats.

"How come?" Funderburker asked. "We haven't been feeding 'em yet, and it seems that-"

"Caul's orders," Todd replied. "Says he wants to keep them alive. No clue why, though, since I say we should just shoot them."

They continued to talk as they passed out bits of bread and cups of water to all of us. The worst part was, they didn't even care that they were talking in front of us, which, quite frankly, was awfully rude. But the food was edible, and the water was drinkable, so I scooted over to grab some. Todd looked over at me, and sneered.

"I hope he doesn't want all of them alive," he told Funderburker, as he gestured over to me. "This one's as good as gone."

"Is that what your wife says about you when she looks at your-" I began, but Hugh signaled for me to shut up.

To my surprise, Todd smiled. He went over to my cell, and began leaning on one of the bars. Despite the fact that he had no pupils, I could feel him intensely staring at me.

"That's not good," Heather mumbled.

Todd began laughing. "I like you, girl. You're funny." Well, that wasn't what I was going for. "What's your name?"

"Why should I tell you?" I spat.

"You're right, you have no reason to tell me," he said. This wight had this strange, almost German accent. "But if you do, maybe I can get someone to heal you. You're hurt, no?"

I just ignored him, and began picking at the bread. He walked away after realizing I wouldn't answer back, and began walking towards the stairs.

"Think about joining us," he told me. "We all need something to laugh at, once and a while."

I made sure to flip him off when he exited, and Funderburker sat back down in his chair. Lazily, he gestured towards me, and said, "Seems as if Malachi liked you."

I shuddered, and not from the chills of dying. I'd rather kill myself then become some toy for a wight, thank you very much!

There was nothing else to do, afterwards, since the show was now over. Everyone else realized this as well, and couldn't exactly start talking about what just happened with our guard still awake.

"What are you gonna do now?" Heather asked me. When I looked at her, she was no longer smiling.

"What am I supposed to do?" I whispered at her.