48 Hours

Yo, I'm reading The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells and it is so fricking weird! I mean, I love it because of how weird it is, and yeah.

The events that occurred after getting locked up consisted of sitting, standing, rattling the bars, and blocking out what everyone else was doing. It was quite boring and stressful, which was why I will only be explaining what happened in the last 4 hours (240 minutes) before our escape. All that is needed to be known from the past 48 hours (2880 minutes) was that I learned that my abdomen wound became affected and no doctors were sent to help it.

44 hours (2640 minutes) after imprisonment

"Fuck," I muttered to myself as I checked my side again. The area was hot and swollen, and while it hadn't been bleeding for a while, it definitely wasn't getting better.

I sat down in the corner of my cement prison cell, clutching my side, and trying not to pass out for the umpteenth time. Standing was basically impossible at the moment, so I just rested my head against the cool wall, and closed my eyes. If the wights weren't going to kill us, obviously the stab wound would. It already had caused too much trouble already, making it so I passed out at the wrong moments, like the time Miss Peregrine supposedly saw us all, but I was sleeping like a sick baby.

The only proof I had that she came was a pair of sewing needles Horace now had, as he beginning stitching up a lovely woolen scarf. He offered to make me one, but I just shook my head and told him I was fine. It was too bloody hot in the room, anyways, and I ran out of extra layers to strip out of without being seen as naked. Already I was just in an undershirt and pants, while my jumper and jacket were long gone (aka across the cell from me).

"Jacob and Emma will come for us," Olive said in the silence, once she noticed that our guard had dozed off.

"You said that an hour ago, love," Bronwyn said. I knew she was trying to act kind, but Olive's optimism became slowly unbearable by the minute.

"I imagine they're just watching the place right now," Olive continued. "Learning the guard's daily patterns, trying to find the perfect time to come and get us."

"Bollocks," Enoch replied. "You're just as sick as (Y/N) if you still think that. They probably died ages ago. Got shot down by the wights when they were on their patrol around the area, or maybe they realized it was useless to get us, so they started a little family on their own. We'll never see natural light for the rest of our lives, once the wights figure out we're useless and'll just kill us. Shoot our brains out right here in our cells."

I heard Olive stomp her foot. "But Addison said-"

"Screw what Addison said! He's almost as blind as those two kids we picked up along the way on our trip, and would have said anything if it meant impressing Miss Wren." Enoch began laughing to himself. "I betcha they're eating him right now at this moment--the wights. The only one of us whose got it good in here is (Y/N), 'cause she'll be dying of natural causes."

"Okay, that's enough making fun of me," I said. "I'll make sure to tell your last brain cell hello when I make it up to heaven with him." It was getting super hot in the room. "God, is anyone else dying of heat in here?"

"I think it's just you," Heather told me, as she squatted to sit across from me. She pulled out a mirror and tube of lip gloss from her purse, and began applying it. "I can't believe you hallucinated for me to be here with you in all white. That's just offensive."

I swatted at her. "Oh, you can stuff it."

"Who are you talking to?" I heard Millard ask me. "(Y/N), are you feeling alright?"