Jacob Portman

Hey, so I just noticed that I never really talked about the structure of Part Two. So, it has been a pain for me to write this because I have my copy of MPHFPC annotated and books marked near Pigment's chapter segments by my side all the time. Dialogue is taken directly from the books, while (Y/N) adds her own commentary, which also affects the other characters. This way, you get that exact story, with minor changes to the plot to be funny. I also keep the page numbers of dialogue used at the bottom of each chapter as well, just in case you want to follow along, or know how far into the book we are. See you later!

This was Abraham Portman's kid. Grandkid, actually, but it was still a surprise. I looked at Emma to see her reaction, but she pretended it didn't affect her. I just had my arms folded, and was watching the situation play out.

"That's a lie!" Emma cried out. "You think I don't know what you are? I wasn't born yesterday-let me see your eyes!"

Okay, this was going on far too long. This was not my Emma; right now she was acting hysterical. I know that Abe was a hard topic for her to swallow, and hearing that Abe moved on without her, broke what little she had left, but she was so strong.

"I am! They are!" Jacob tried to stretch his eyes out bigger.

Emma stood on her toes, and tried examining his eyes. They were unusually blue, sure, but other than that they were normal. Not even the best contact lenses could look like that. Emma stomped her foot like she was a little kid.

"No, your real eyes! Those fakes don't fool me any more than your ridiculous lie about Abe!"

"Em, you can't actually believe that he's a Wight," I tried to tell my friend. "I know you're mad, but you're going too far now. You have no right to accuse this kid of being a Wight, especially seeing how scared you're making him."

"Look, I'm not a," Jacob faced me, and looked like he was trying to soak in what I just said. " a whatever she just said. I can prove it!"

Emma looked back at me as well, as if I was the judge of all of this. I waved at her to give him a chance, and her gaze softened. She hesitated before talking again.

"Then prove it," Emma said. "Or I'll water the grass with your blood!"

"She won't do it," I assured Jacob. "I wouldn't let her."

Jacob didn't seemed relieved by this news, but quickly began fumbling with his jacket pockets. He pulled out a letter, and showed it to Emma and me. It was from Miss Peregrine, addressed to the one and only Abe Portman. There was even a lovely photo of The Bird attached to it, inviting Abe to come back to the loop.

"It seems official to me," I said as a way to break the ice, but Emma began her pouting again.

"That doesn't prove anything!" Emma said.

"Hey, no!" I fought back. "You are not allowed to act like this, especially after everything we've gone through. Just because you're mad that Abe left you doesn't mean you can-"

"You don't know what it's like to be abandoned!" Emma yelled. "Abe was my family, and-"

"Yes, I do!" I said. "Heather was all I had, and I held her dead body in my arms. Don't you dare talk to me about what it is like to miss someone you love, because I can't bring Heather back."

Emma became silent, and I wipe my tearing up eyes. This was not a subject I brought up often.

Then we heard angry voices come from the streets. A hoard of angry drunk men were gathered, and seemed to be looking for someone. Emma turned to Jacob, and asked, "What's this? What've you done?"