F.B.A.W.T.F.T.

Or the longer title of: Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

From the shadows of the house, a low growl sounded. I looked nervously around us, making sure that I wasn't the only one who heard it, and everyone else seem slightly disturbed as well. So I guess I was crazy yet.

"What was that?" Emma asked. "Another hollow?"

Jacob looked straight ahead at the shadow, saying, "I don't think so."

"I don't know and I don't want to know," Horace squeaked, slowly backing away.

I was perfectly fine with leaving, but it seemed as if whatever called for us wasn't so cool with that. It growled again, and slowly moved into the light. The thing looked almost human, but the mannerism and odd outbursts of hair on it suggested otherwise.

"What in the name of the Elder folk is that?" Emma muttered, repulsed.

"Capital idea, coming into this loop," Enoch said hastily. "Really working out well for us so far."

Just as I was about to say something back to Enoch, the Thing crawled closer to us. It gave us a weird smile and tilted his head, as if trying to seem a bit more presentable, although it was like watching a pig try to smile. Perhaps this is what a shaved gorilla would look like.

"Someone make it die!" Horace screeched. "Or at least make it stop looking at me!"

Bronwyn got into a fighting position while Emma tried to light a flame in her hand. But both girls were too shocked by the situation to be at their full potential. Then the thing starting running around us in circles, as if making sure we wouldn't leave.

"Sit down and behave!" A new voice called out to the creature.

And surprisingly, it did. The beast sat on its butt, then started panting with its tongue t the side of his mouth. I would say he acted like a little puppy, but that was when a dog came trotting over to us.

"Don't mind Grunt, he's got no manners at all! That's just his way of saying thank you," the dog told us. "That hollowgast was most bothersome."

So, the Thing had a name, then? I looked back at it, and noticed that his smile did not mean to be threatening. It was like younger siblings, I guessed. Absolutely horrifying to the core, but they don't mean to be such little shits. Most of the time, that was.

"Oh dear, I hope you're not too offended," The dog continued. "Grunt means well, but you'll have to excuse him. He was, quite literally, raised in a barn. I, on the other hand, was educated on a grand estate, the seventh pup of the seventh pup in an illustrious line of hunting dogs. Addison MacHenry, at your service."

Addison bowed for us, and I did a little curtsy back. Enoch didn't seem impressed at all, and folded his arms.

"Fancy name for a dog," he said.

Addison looked at Enoch over his green-tinted glasses, and gave him a dead look. "And by what appellation, dare I ask, are you denominated?"

"Enoch O'Connor," Enoch answered with too much pride.

"That's a fancy name for a grimy, pudge-faced boy," Addison responded.

I let out a laugh  and went to high-five Addison, then realized I couldn't. I awkwardly put my hand down. Afterwards, Addison explained that he stole his name from his owner, because it was cooler than his original name: Boxie. He mentioned Miss Wren, when telling his epic tale, and everyone seemed to straighten a bit.

"Where's Miss Wren now?" Emma asked. "We've got to speak to her!"

It turned out that she lived in the house above us. However, she had been gone for some time, after leaving to go help her 'ymbryne sisters' in London, who asked for her service. Which basically meant she was 99% likely to already be trapped and/or dead. Because that was just our luck.