Chapter 54: The Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Start from the beginning

"Wh-what?! Akari... A baby..." Luna stammered, nearly dropping her bowl of vegetables as she grinned. "You're having a baby!" She shouted, tackling her friend in a hug as he laughed.

"Yep... Not sure if I should be excited or terrified... But it's happening..." Kaito mumbled, scratching his chin as Luna sighed, stepping back and looking at her friend's happy face.

Kaito and Akari are having a baby... She thought, unable to contain her joy as she knew they would both make great parents. Maybe one day, that will be me... Luna mused, a strange feeling taking over as she suddenly became a bit sad. Goku and Chi Chi... Vegeta and Bulma... And now, Kaito and Akari... She thought, realizing that everyone but her was building a family of their own. I can't just stay with Goku and his family forever... She realized, unaware she was staring off into space again as Kaito tried to get her attention.

"Luna! Hello...?" He mumbled, waving a hand in front of her face as she suddenly jumped back. "What's up space cadet?" The white haired man joked, not liking the distant look in her eyes as she struggled to put a smile back on her face.

"O-oh... I- I was just thinking about how funny it's going to be to watch you try to change diapers..." Luna stuttered, attempting to shake the more negative thoughts from her mind as Kaito watched her closely.

"Hmpf... First of all, I am scared of no challenge." Kaito stated, raising one eyebrow at her as she opened her mouth to argue. "And second... I know you well enough to know when you're upset about something... You know you need to be in the right state of mind for this battle..." He warned, looking at her seriously before putting his pack of cigarettes back in his front pocket. "Zetsubo no Kiri will exploit any weakness you show and turn your powers against you... And against all of us." He sighed, knowing that was a scary possibility that existed...

"I won't let that happen." Luna stated, unable to believe she could ever hurt her friends. No matter what... She frowned, shaking her head as she tried to focus on her cooking once more.

"Hmm..." Kaito nodding, thinking to himself as he wondered what he could do. "Well come on, let's take a little break..." He suggested, knowing it would be best not to push her too hard. "Why don't we save whatever you're making for later... I think I saw some cake in the fridge back there..." He chuckled, watching in amusement as her green eyes flashed in excitement.

Whatever it is that's troubling you princess, I pray you let it go before it consumes you entirely...

...

Back at Kame House...

...

"If we can't sense Cell, then where is he?!" Yamcha sighed, getting tired of always being one step behind the monster. "He's hiding, right?"

"That what he does..." Krillin commented, crossing his arms as he knew until he decided to show himself, there wasn't much they could do. "And the world's a big place to hide in..."

"So what?! Then we'll just get out there and find him! And fast..." Piccolo growled, not liking feeling so useless. "If we don't, Cell will take total control of this world... Rrgh... We can chase Cell all we want..." Piccolo went on, frowning as he thought about their odds at the moment. "But we're going to need Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Trunks to complete their training and transform into ascended Saiyans if we're going to beat him."

Tch... I can't stand it... Piccolo thought, narrowing his eyes as he watched everyone else attempt to get some sleep. Sitting here doing nothing while Cell continues his reign of terror... The Namekian realized, flipping on the tv in front of him as he listened to the incoming news reports.