Chapter 5

Hiii. I feel the need to always greet you guys (anyone who reads my 'stories') before startinggg. I mean it just seems more polite I guess.

Rachel and I were seated at a small table in her room. Her room was huge and paintings of all different tones and sizes were littered across the cream coloured walls and fancy marble floor. In every square metre there was something art related. A tube of paint, a pencil, charcoal and a bunch of other weird utensils that were unfamiliar to me. 

'So we can paint this yellow and this purple,' Rachel explained, 'we can use different shades of paint like over here can be violet or royal purple if you don't want it to be as bright. I thought it would be a good idea to use purple and yellow cause' they're contrasting colours and I just thought it would create a nice effect.'

'Of course' I replied pretending to understand what she had just said. Rachel put down her pencil and paused before looking at me. I knew what she was getting at. She wanted to discuss P.E. 

' Annabeth.' She looked at me with a worried expression, 'What Nancy said at P.E, it's not true.'

'I mean it sort of is.' I exclaimed, 'She's right about my dad and Helen,'

'Ok maybe about that...' Rachel paused and looked at me her eyes searching my face, 'but... you do know you are worth it right?'

'Yeah of course' I smiled trying to reassure her. 'I know better than to listen to that red head version of Regina George. Plus, you showed me, today, that people do care and will stand up for me.'

'Yeah one read head to another,' Rachel grinned at me 'I gave that girl one hard slap' Rachel paused obviously for dramatic effect, 'across the cheek.' She finished her sentence by jumping out of her chair and bowing.

'I mean weird flex but... ok?' I rolled my eyes at my friend's theatrics.

'It was awesome! No one ever stands up to her!' Rachel smiled.

'You do  it all the time' I replied smiling in return, 'We all do'

'Yeah but this time, instead of taunting her, a quiet movement, I made a stand, a physical one that everyone saw. Proving to everyone in our gym class that Nancy isn't invincible. I'm hoping it'll change the way people treat her. Right now people treat her like she's a goddess.'

'Yeah well... don't get your hopes up.' I exclaimed as the doorbell rang. 

'That must be Luke! Ugh finally' Rachel raced out of her room with me at her heels.

I think I went a little off topic somewhere.. oops? Anyways I was wondering if people can tell what I like and don't like by the content that I write. I don't have 'readers' yet but I'm going to pretend that I do. So can you guess what some of my hobbies or favourite things to do in my free time are?

- Me