Chapter 4

Hi! I have nothing to say right now... ok... Bye?

I'm too lazy to do a disclaimer, if you want one, just go back a part and read that one.

Ugh... I have severe case of procrastination... I should be revising for a week of tests...

Without Luke, P.E was many times worse than usual. We were only 10 minutes into the lesson but Nancy had already started throwing insults at us. 

'Luke isn't here' Nancy glared at us. 'Why?' she paused 'Wait no- don't tell me. He ditched class to get away from you 2'

'Actually no,' Rachel responded glaring straight back at Nancy 'if anything it was to get away from you'

'Well what a shame,' Nancy waved her hand in the air lightly as though dismissing someone invisible. 'He won't get to see me take you down.'

I saw Rachel open her mouth. No doubt ready to throw a response ten times more witty and smart than the last but was interrupted by the loud earsplitting sound of a whistle. 

'Alright class, today we'll be doing some running.' Coach Hedge barked at us, 'sprinting actually.'

Coach Hedge made us do a hundred metre race. The groups he'd put us into would depend completely in how well we did on this race. I was a pretty decent runner so I wasn't too nervous. Of course as luck would have it, Nancy was put in my group along with one of her brainless 'friends'. Rachel also made it into the same group as me. I wasn't surprised. Coach Hedge often put us in the same group, 'I'm not gonna lie, you 2 work well together.' he would say.

'Now class, you guys will be coming up with warms ups inside you're groups. I have distributed the groups evenly so that there are both strong runners and... er those who may need more help in each group.' Coach Hedge stared us down, 'The quality of your exercises or warm ups in other words... er.... well know that there is gong to be a group race at the end of the lesson. Winner gets free ice-cream.'

Each group made their way to a different corner of the field. I didn't like Nancy but I didn't want any trouble so I tried to ignore her hateful glares and the insults she threw at me as we made our way to our corner of the field. 

'We have got to win' Nancy announced as soon as we got there.

'Why?' Rachel asked Nancy, her warm green eyes had turn icy and cold in a way that didn't seem possible, 'I mean you don't need anymore calories,'

'I don't need the ice-cream. My daddy has enough  money to buy me the whole ice-cream chain.' Nancy flipped her hair and huffed. 'I bet your dad can't even get you a scoop'

At this, I almost fell over. Rachel's dad had more than enough money to buy Rachel 20 different ice-cream chains, all from different countries, and Mr. Bobofit's company without interest. Rachel just didn't flaunt her riches unlike a certain Miss Show off seated next to me. 

'What's so funny?'Nancy snapped turning to me as I suppressed a giggle. 'I know for a fact that you're dad only took you in because your mum didn't want you. In fact I heard your stepmom, who's quite close to my mum, hates you. I mean your stepbrothers don't even like you. Also apparently you haven't been shipped off to boarding school because you're dad feels bad for you but doesn't want to spend too much money on you because your life obviously isn't impor-' Nancy was stopped by a loud noise. I froze and looked over at Rachel as soon as I saw her hand make contact with Nancy's perfectly contoured cheek. By now a red mark would've formed but Nancy was wearing so much makeup, even in P.E (gym?), that her face still remained smooth.

Ok I'll let you guys imagine what happens after this. I'll be skipping straight to Rachel's house in the next part.

- Me