Friends from the Other Side

Start from the beginning

Sighing in defeat, you set your book down since you found yourself unable to distract yourself and walked downstairs and into the kitchen for dinner. There, you had made yourself a healthy meal and ate in silence. Your thoughts riddled your mind with holes as you reached up and rubbed the golden charm with your thumb and pointer finger. you stayed this way while you ate, soon having finished your meal and got up to wash them. 

Though Alastor had told you not to bother with cleaning or washing things, you found yourself unable to do so, an old habit of yours, you guessed. Scrubbing their white faces until they were clean and washed of soap, drying them briefly with a small towel before putting them away in their spots. Looking down as you finished drying your hands, you set the towel to the side before looking upwards once more, coming face-to-face with a large, grinning man.

You yelped loudly, drawing your hand back a bit and then aiming a punch to their stomach, you found your hand grabbed once again. "Carful, darling, you sure seem to enjoy resorting to violence." Alastor cooed as he let you go, studying you as you reached up and grabbed your heart area, trying to calm yourself down.

"Jesus Christ, Alastor, you scared me," You huffed, still trying to slow your rapidly racing heartrate. "And of course I do! After living in a violent household, and living with a demon, and randomlu being sneaked up upon TWICE, one would bound to become a little jumpy." You softly scolded, hitting him on the arm playfully as he chuckled at you.

"So sorry, dear, you're right," He admitted, though it was quite clear he had no thoughts of stopping. "I came to ask if you were ready, everything's set up in the back." You rose a brow at this, when you had changed upstairs you hadn't seen or heard him doing anything in the back yard, though maybe he had used his powers to do so instead of by hand. Yeah, that's it, he was clearly not one for physical, unpaid labor.

"As I'll ever be, Al," You said slowly, trying not to think about your words when you heard yourself let a nickname slip. Though the demon in red seemed to raise a brow at this, he said nothing as he grinned. 

"That's the spirit, my dear!" He spoke, placing a hand on the small of your back to lead you outside. Out in the garden, he had showed you to a large pentagram within seven rings had been drawn in neat, white chalk across the grass. Black candles had been lined up between every ring, though at the tips of the star in the center, sat a single red one. Handing you a book, Alastor grinned as you looked down at it's worn and faded leather book, strange words burned into the front cover. Or at least you assumed it was the front.

"Just say the words, sweetheart," He said as he motioned you to stand in the center of the star, the book flipping on it's own to a page near the back with a black ribbon bookmark between the yellowed pages, eaten by age and moths alike.

You glanced around the pages and then towards Alastor, "This isn't at all what I thought it would be like," You said as you looked back down at the faded lettering before you. 

"You humans tend to over complicate and embelish things, my dear," The demon answered simply, lurking outside of the star without another word

"Okay..." You answered softly, opening your mouth to speak. Whispering the words written across the pages, a hot wind swept from your feet, the heat seering at your skin somehow making you cold, though you didn't stop. You felt like you were being watched now, as if a hundred ghosts lurked just outside of the pentagram you stood in, unable to enter. The wind swept around you still in responce to your chanting, and then, all of the candles began to fall.

 First the black one in front of you in the outer circle, sending fire racing around the chalken lines like it was gasoline. Then, the one beside it did the same, followed by the next, quickening their pace as they fell like dominos toward the center. Toward you. When the outer ring's candles had fallen, the second repepeated their movements, falling one by one in a counter clockwise motion. The closer the falling candles were, the closer the fire got to you, making you grow nervous, though your eyes wouldn't let you look toward Alastor nearby. 

Soon, the fire lapped at your feet, and you stopped chanting as you were done reading, all of the black wax candles having been knocked over. But, the red ones stayed standing until the very last word was said. Out of the corners of your eyes, you watched as all five of them seemed to be harshly ficked over, and unlike the others, they went out.  Alastor looked slightly concerned as the flames grew, but that soon turned to curiosity as soon as you noticed. The flames got bigger and bigger until they grew as tall as Alastor, swirling around you like the center of a tornato and blacking your veiw of the demon outside. The flames were still their classical ombre of reds and oranges, but the light off they gave off was a pale blue. 

The roar of the fire grew louder in your ears as they seemed to dance around you, their bright light shining through your eyelids as your winced and shut your eyes, clutching the book in your hands to your chest tightly. And suddenly, it all just stopped, becoming deathly silent. For a moment, the smell of blood, smoke, and drugs filled your nose.

"Wow! I have not felt that powerful of a spell in a while, Alastor!" A cheerful female voice came, then hearing who ever it was walk up to you, you slowly opened your e/c eyes. 

"Hello there!"