Part 36

I hear a knock at my door and Jayce walks in. I was back at my house and in the comfort of my own bed, but it was still difficult to find a comfortable position to lay when you have healing broken ribs and many bruises all over your body, so I've been laying flat on my bed just looking up at the ceiling.

Jayce closes the door behind him and sits in the recliner " Ya know." He starts " Its been while since we've played games?"

I just shrug and he passes me a controller. He chooses a game then looks over at me his gray eyes sadder than usual. I should say something.

" Jayce?"

" That's my name." He jokes.

" I'm serious." I say not laughing at his 'joke'

" I am too. That is my name."

" Whatever." I huff and continue to play the stupid game. For a while we just sit in silence only hearing the clicking of buttons on our controllers, so I decide to try and bring up the question again.

" Jayce be honest with me. Why are your eyes gray?" I ask.

" Huh?" Jayce turns to me, his face filled with confusion. I guess I just assumed he knew what I was talking about but I guess he didn't. He never noticed.

" Your eyes, they're gray now. They're usually brown but for some reason they're gray....." I trail off already regretting that I said anything.

" Aww do you like my eyes? How cute!" He chirps and I roll my eyes.

I sigh " Seriously Jayce. Are you alright? You seem I dunno....worse than usual?"

" Worse than usual?" He asks. I stop the game knowing that this will take awhile and set my controller down on my bed and switching positions so in facing Jayce, and a sharp pain goes through my waist and I wince.

" Y-yeah more than usual. You do realise that you don't have to be 'the tough one' right? You can talk to me." I say using air quotes on ' the tough one'.

" I know that, but I'm fine. Don't worry, you already have a lot on your plate. You don't need to here my complaining about how horrible my life is when you got three broken ribs."

" So you're not okay?"

" Yes."

" I don't believe you." I say.

" I am! I think your mistaking me for someone else or something. Trust me, I am the least affected by this! Now can we just play the game?" He snaps, and I feel a sudden pain in my chest and this time its not from the broken ribs.

Out of all the people I should be getting hurt by why is the one that is so....hurtful? He only said that he was the least affected by what had happened. Yes that does hurt but I don't want it to. I sigh and set down my controller, and slowly/ painfully get out of bed to walk towards the door.

" Where are you going?" Jayce asks still a little ticked off at me.

" You can stay here if you want to, but I'm going to take a walk. Alone. " I say and walk out of the door, not looking back to see if Jayce followed me.

I step outside the house, something I haven't done in a while, and start walking. I already know where I'm going and thankfully I don't think Jayce would be following me.

I'm not sure why Jayce was so mad or why is eyes turn brown to gray. I mean, who's eyes do that! Jayce's I think to myself. I have said it before and I'll say it again, this guy is a mystery to me.