Part 14

" Alright." Coach says " I need everyone to get in their teams we will be showing miss Kenna here what we do."

" Um....what do I do?" I ask raising my hand.

" Well for one thing you can't take off all your equipment. You won't be needing it for today." Coach says and I frown.

" So I'm not playing?" I ask a little bit more rude than I meant it to be, but could you blame me? I've been waiting for a while to play and yet I can't even step foot into the ice rink without coach blowing that stupid blue whistle if his and probably getting kicked off the team.

All the boys seem to notice my embarrassment and began snickering at me. Even Olly, that backstabbing little bitch.

I give him a look and his face drops, even though I know that deep inside he's still trying not to laugh at my embarrassment.

Apparently coach didn't notice or he just ignored it, " That is correct Foster. Now if you would, come with me." He tells me and I roll my eyes, but follow Coach to the side lines and take off all of my equipment, my face still hot of embarrassment and rage.

" Hey its alright Foster! All you need to do is sit there and look pretty!" One of the boys shouts.

I give him the bird and the guys laugh. Boys are so annoying.

" Now what?" I ask.

" You watch." He says to me and turns back to my teammates " And....go!" The players starts rushing toward the puck and the others get ready for it to come their way.

This is much fun I love watching hockey and not being able to play! If you didn't notice I'm being sarcastic this is so fucking boring. I can't wait for it to be over.

●●●●

" What did ya think?" Olly asks as we're walking back to his truck both of our hockey equipment in our bags that are hanging from our shoulders.

" I didn't understand any of it." I say.

" Really?"

" And I had to sit out the whole time! That was so fucking embarrassing!"

" It was kind of funny-"

" Shut up Olly!"

" It was!"

" Well not for me!" I exclaim and open my car door.

Olly opens his car door and hops into the driver seat with an amused smile.

" Well if would like I could give you private lessons?" Olly offers and my face lights up.

" Really?!" I ask.

" Yes. Once a week. But you have to do something for me in return."

Whatever Olly was thinking it couldn't be bad. From what I've heard his parents are really wealthy, so what could he possibly need from me?

" What is it? I'll do amything...well. almost anything."

" That's a shame. I was willing to-"

" Dont go there Olly."

" But you started it-"

" What do I need to do Olly?" I ask focusing back onto what we were talking about in the first place.

" You have to help me babysit?"

Babysit? Of course I can do that!

" Who?" I ask.

" Jayce's little brothers."

" Shouldn't be so hard." I say with a shrug. Olly luaghs at my reaction. Why was it funny?

" The town calls them the devil's bosses."

" Is that bad?"

" Worse."

He starts the truck and we ease down the road, giving me time to think.

" Ill do it." I finally say looking over st Olly. Olly glances my way and smiles then puts his focus back onto the road.

" Great. Once a week you'll help me babysit, and once a week I'll help you learn hockey."

" Yup."

●●●●

" Hey! I'm home!" I say as Olly and I walk through the door. It seemed pretty quiet and empty like in my home ever since my parents decided on getting a divorce. I wasn't quite sure on where my dad has been staying for the past couple of days. The only thing I know was that the moving trucks were coming on Thursday to gather my Dad's things.

I didn't want my parents to get divorced. I know its selfish for me to say that, but I always thought that in the end, my family would always be together, but now they won't be. The heaviness in my chest becomes even heavier by just even thinking about it.

" Hello?" I ask.

Nothing but silence. A slight shiver goes down my spine by how quite it was, but that wasn't what the problem was. Something was wrong.

" Well, uh, Olly and I are going to go upstairs now!" I holler.

Doing as I had said Olly and I ascend upstairs but here a loud thump come from across the hall. I jump from the noise and look over at Olly. He seemed just as scared as I am, and that does not make me feel any comfort. Olly and I turn our heads towards the where we thought the noise was coming from, which was the door across the hall and then look back at each other.

" Should we go see what is was?" Olly whispers to me.

I nod and we slowly creep towards the door. I quietly open the door and find that no one was there. Olly and I give each other another uneasy glance and walk inside. Since it was a guest room it had a queen size bed by the window doors where there was another balcony. I look around the other side of and find a beaten, bloody looking Jayce shivering from the cold.

" Jayce?!" I exclaim.

Jayce looks up at me with a frightened expression on his black and blue face. He looked so vulnerable in the state he was in, and he knew it too. He didn't like it, I could tell. The pained expression on his face and the way he tried hi injuries by bringing his knees up to his forehead showed that he was definitely ashamed. But from what?

" Why are you- you need to go to the hospital." I say walking towards the door to grab my phone to call someone, my mom, dad, his stepmom, coach, anyone would do about right now.

I feel Jayces bloodied hand wrap around my wrist and I turn around to face him. It pained me to see my friend in such a state, I needed to get him help.

" I can't go to the hospital. He's there."