Chapter 10

"Nooooo!" Sirius cries, I look at him tears where streaming down his face I frowned "What's wrong paddy?" I ask. He glances at me and sits down "Your dad had already adopted you!" He says, a tear falls down my face he grabs and pulls me onto his lap and hugged me close rocking me gently. "I'm going to miss you Paddy! Do you want to practice for the ball to get our mind of everything?" I ask, he nods and grabs my hand and we head into the room of requirements and its exactly like usual but more space. He looks around and smiles,

(On side bar HSM3 one)

We laughed at the end, "Your a brilliant dancer Mr Black!" I say jokingly but it was quite true. He smirks "Why thank you, as are you Miss Quinn!" he mocks and we laugh.

Skipping down the corridor we walk straight into Remus, "Hi Moony!" I say, he smiles "Hey Snowball, Padfoot!" Remus says. I hug him and he returns it "Thank you for all that you tried to do!" I say, he nods and wipes a stray tear away from my eye "Its what's friends do!" he replies. I smile and nod, "Well I have to go and hide my father is unfortunately back today, I have to meet the new head tomorrow!" I say. They nod and I run off to Gryffindor common room, I step inside and find Lily before grabbing her and dragging her to the dorm. "What's wrong Rose?" Lily asks her voice was shaking slightly. "Father back today, have to hide he wants me to meet new head, he already adopted me!" I say. Her face falls and she hugs me super tight which I return, its funny to think in the space of a month I had really good friends. A single tear streaked her face and she wiped it away with the back of her hand and smiled sadly at me, the door burst open and Alice came in and looked at me "Your dad-" she starts. "WHERE THE HELL IS MY DAUGHTER?" dad yelled. I gulped and swallowed the lump in my throat, "I SAID WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER?" he yelled again. We all held our ears, I stepped forward onto the stairs. "You didn't say it you yelled father!" I said spitting out the last word. He turned and smiled slightly with a raised eyebrow "And where have you been young lady?" he asks, I smirk and stand on the step everyone was watching "With my friends or aren't I allowed any?" I ask. Gryffindor common room chorused 'oohs' around. My fathers face turned a funny shade of red/purple "Father are you alright you have gone a funny colour!" I say with a cheeky grin and wink. The door opened and McGonagall walked in with Dumbledore, who obviously looked like they saw what had just happened. "That's it! Once this year is done you will never see your stupid friends again, now grab your stuff so we can go!" Father barked. I rolled my eyes, glared at him then stormed upstairs and shut the dorm room door with a satisfied slam. Lily looked at me with a sad smile as we put some clothes in my bag, a tear rolled down my face and I hugged her and Alice. "See you guys in a few days if I'm not dead by then!" I say. They giggle slightly and smile they hug me again, "Owl me if anything happens, oh and guys make sure the boys are alright!" I say. They nod and follow me down the stairs. Sirius sees me first and attacks me in a huge hug which I return, he places a kiss on my cheek. Remus was next and he did the same, James hugged me then kissed my hand and Peter just gave me a hug followed by some others in Gryffindor. "See you guys in a few days!" I say, they all nod and I head out to meet with my father and Dumbledore, I reach his office and say the password before going up and knocking on the door. I enter and walk in, Dumbledore sat on his chair and behind him on his stand perched Fawkes his phoenix. Fawkes flew over and landed on my shoulder, I stroked him and smiled slightly he was a bit rough round the edges which means his fire day was soon. Dumbledore walked over and shook my hand while Fawkes flew back, father pulled me over to the fireplace and we flooded into an office which was less grand and more...girly. A woman stood waiting and smiled when she saw us "Madame Maxine, this is my daughter Rose, Rose meet Madame Maxine the head of Beauxbatons where you will start next year!" Father said. I nodded and looked around, I glanced around and wished that I was anywhere but here it was to girly. "Can you speak French?" Maxine asks, I nod but didn't say anything I wouldn't until I get back to Hogwarts. "That's good! You part veela?" she asks, I nod father looked proud at this, my bag hung on my shoulder.