Chapter 7

"Its Halloween next week!" Sirius said as we walked into the great hall for dinner, a week has passed since my singing and he kept wanting to hear more but naturally I said no! "So?" I ask. I'm not a Halloween person, at the orphanage Halloween is a time where you dress up and annoy each other for fun and end up getting beaten because then your outfit works....yeah that happened to me. Here Halloween is a big feast where everything is related to it but then again that's what I've been told, last year I spent it crying my eyes out because of something someone said by letter. We sit down and Sirius sent me a look "Everyone listen up!" Dumbledore said, we all looked at him he usually doesn't do a speech unless its a special thing "This year we will be having a Halloween ball!" he says. Everyone cheers accept me, ugh that means dresses and stupid stuff like that... in other beauty pageant time! Dumbledore sits down and everyone starts talking about it, I play with my food when Sirius tapped my shoulder "Hey Rose will you go with me?" he asks, I raise an eyebrow "To the ball?" he asks, I shake my head "Not going!" I say. Lily hears and she glares at me "No! Rose you have to go!" she says, I roll my eyes "Can't I have to go speak to NiNi!" I say and she scoffs. "Who's nini?" Sirius asks, I roll my eyes and look at him "A mermaid!" I say then turn back. "I'm not going Lily and that's final!" I say stubbornly, she shakes her head and James gets her attention and asks her and she says yes...but as friends. I get up feeling sick and run out the hall, I knew what was happening so I ran to the black lake and dived in changing to my mermaid state and swam towards the small village. I was greeted and swam towards the locket picking it up and fastening it around my neck before going back up and getting out not realising Sirius was standing there with the boys and lily. I flash my self dry and let out a sigh before running into the forest changing into a wolf and running to get better. I change back and sit down touching my locket I open it to see the smiling family, waving at me and laughing. I closed it and wiped a tear away, I got up and walked back to the castle to see the boys and Lily waiting for me. I stopped and looked at them "Hi?" I ask, Sirius runs over and grasps the necklace pulling it from my neck. I grasp the back of my neck to see blood running from it, I don't let out a sound "You! You're a mermaid!" he said, "Part mermaid!" I mumbled. He scoffs and shoves me so I fall onto a tree stump "God! I don't get you, you are an inconsistent b**** and don't deserve to live! What even is this oh a tiny weeny locket? I bet everything you said is a lie!" Sirius was screaming now and was a step away from me, the other three boys where standing there arms folded and Lily was looking at me scared "What scared? Trident!" James says. A tear falls from my eye and I wipe it away "James stop it!" Lily says "No Lily she deserves a lesson, she had been lying to all of us!" he says. Lily looked at me then at the boys "Fine! If that's what you want I will go die!" I scream and shove past him before running inside while they chased me until I reached the highest tower. I lean back and they all gasped as I fell my life flashing then darkness and everything was silent and black beautiful.....