You Thief

"Which side of the bed are you taking"replied Villanelle. "It doesn't matter"said Eve. Villanelle took the left side facing the window.

"Alright well I'll take the left, make yourself comfortable I'll be right back" said Villanelle to Eve. Villanelle stepped out of the room stepping into the bathroom. Eve stuck her neck out seeing where she had gone. Knowing where she had gone Eve looked at her book collection. Such marvelous poetry and classical literature on her bookshelf. Poe, Shakespeare, Austen ,Hemingway ,Faulkner and Orwell all amazing writers.

She walked towards the bed and sat down. The placed her phone onto the nightstand. 1:30 am read her time as she settled into the bed sheets. Villanelle came back and turned off the lights. The both said goodnight and fell asleep on their own sides.

The morning light fell through the window of villanelle room. Eve groaned through the sheets which covered her face. She remembers bits of what happened the previous night. She peeled the cover off her face and reached over to Villanelles side of the bed.

Surprised to feel nothing. Eve felt the air and that's all. She got up to see an empty bed but only her in it. The sheets were pushed onto Eve's side and none on Villanelles. She looked ahead of her, seeing the sun in the sky. She quickly reached for hr phone on the nightstand beside her. Ten o' twenty read her phone, she got up late for a Saturday morning.

Stretching her limbs she swung around making her body position itself into a sitting stance. She placed her feet onto the hardwood floor gathering her surroundings.She smelt something burning. She realized it was coming from the kitchen. Eve grabbed her shoe and ran out of the room yelling.

Her eyes were closed shouting " I'll call the cops, you thief". "Eve" shouted Villanelle. Eve opened her eyes to see Villanelle.Villanelle had on a sports bra and leggings, her hair was up in a bun. Eve noticed she had a bruise by her eyebrow, it looked painful "Uhh...Where were you earlier?" said Eve while putting down her shoe. Villanelle throws out the pan of what was going to be breakfast into the sink throwing water onto it. Villanelle turns around to face Eve to give her an explanation to this mornings disappearance.