American not British

Outside she was the city's views. Stunning, she hardly wouldn't mind living there. Villanelle came into the sitting room with a cuppa. Villanelle places the tray of sugar and milk on a little table that centered the room. Eve reaches out and grabbed the saucer which held her cup of tea. She placed it down and poured in milk , no sugar. Villanelle combined the opposite, sugar no milk.They both stirred their tea and took a sip.

"Do you mind if I-" Villanelle gestures towards her bedroom " I just need to change into something a little more casual" Villanelle says. " Oh yeah, yeah I don't mind at all. It's your flat" Eve says nonchalantly. Villanelle gets up and walks to her bedroom. Opening the door and lightly closing it , leaving a sliver of the open door.

Eve thought nothing if it. She sipped her tea patiently waiting for Villanelle to come back from her room. Villanelle came back to the sitting room with sleeping shorts and a casual t-shirt. She sat down on the single person couch grabbing her saucer of tea. A minute flies by and the silence gets awkward. Eve enjoyed the sounds of cabbies driving but by the end of the minute she hoped she would say something, anything to break the silence.

" So where are you from , Eve" Villanelle says in a questioning voice. " I'm assuming you're not from here because of your accent" said Villanelle. She was right , Eve was not English born but American. She didn't have the British accent so anyone could know she's not a native. Eve settled down her saucer and fixed herself in a comfortable position on the open couch.

" I'm from the States, Michigan actually. My parents got divorced when I was 16 so I moved to England with my mother. I've been living here ever since. " said Eve." What about you, what brings you here, what's your story?" asks Eve. " I was born in France. Placed in foster care then got the hell out of it. Then I started my own journey, here in London a fresh new start you would say." replies Villanelle.

" Oh I'm sorry to hear that." Eve says regretting the question she asked. "Don't be that was In the past" says Villanelle feeling like she struck a chord with Eve. After this they opened up more. Asking questions about each other and being honest. Eve had just met her and here she is being an open book.