Mixer

Green eyes linger on my body. I can feel the tension in the air even though we're many feet apart. I look around trying to catch my stalker. But I can only feel the tension grow like a fire. It's intense and confident.

In such a crowded area everybody seems to be getting along with each other fine. But me of course still is confused by this feeling. As if my secret lover is in the shadows. My hair is in a messy bun and my clothes straight out of work. I seems to come here with my distant coworkers on a Friday night but now nowhere to be found.

In a desperate fashion I walk towards the open bar. They could've told me to dress up I thought to myself. Jack and coke I tell the bartender. A few sips in and I don't feel big brother on my tail anymore. I shrugged off the feeling and thought to myself. You've made it this far enjoy the open bar that's the least thing you could do.

Sitting there alone stirring my drink I feel a presence come close. " Vodka on the rocks and a another one for my friend". Eve looked up to see who she was talking about. That when their eyes met. The lady who referred Eve as her friend was stunning. Her cat liked eyes were a deep emerald green with complimented her silver dress. Eve quickly
realized that she was staring at her for a long time so she darted away. Upon getting a refill she asked the nice women what her name was.

Eve said " I'm sorry I don't think we've met". The lady replied" Sorry for bothering you, I'm Villanelle, I'm new to the Thames House". "A couple of my new coworkers invited me here and well it seems that I'm an outcast" Villanelle replied with a slight chuckle at then end making it seem lightly awkward. Eve replied saying her name with a small smile.

"So what are you doing in Thames House,I mean don't take it personally but you don't look like a desk-job kind of person" she said as Villanelle sat next to her. Villanelle put down her clutch and took a sip of her drink." I had the requirements and was looking to get employed somewhere where I'm comfortable. To say I needed to settle for a bit and this would seem the right thing to do." Villanelle Said as she sat in the barstool.