Chapter 28: The Waiting Game

Start from the beginning

If he even shows up... Piccolo thought, his eyes narrowing in irritation as he let different scenarios play out in his mind. What are this guy's motives? And why is he so intent on meeting Goku?

"When you defeated Frieza and that big guy you were a Super Saiyan... Weren't you?" Gohan questioned, staring up at the older boy in awe as Luna couldn't help but smile at the expression on his face.

"Yes... Yes I was-"

"That's a lie!" Vegeta shouted, glaring in his direction as he explained. "Look my friend, Kakarot... The one you call 'Goku' and myself are the only Saiyans left... Kakarot's kid there is half Saiyan, so if you count him, that makes three of us... There's no way that you could have Saiyan blood!"

The purple haired fighter continued to stare at the ground, unable to defend himself without giving away too much information.

"Yeah... But we saw him!" Gohan argued, as everyone continued to listen. "He just defeated both of them all by himself..."

"Well, I'm calling him a liar not a weakling..." Vegeta hissed, crossing his arms as Luna watched him glare at the other man.

"Oh... Hey! You've got our logo on your jacket!" Bulma said suddenly, noticing the black and white Capsule Corporation design. "That's my dad's company... Are you one of our employees?"

"No, not exactly... Just a fan..." He replied, sending her a small smile while hoping she would drop the subject.

"Oh I see... Well, tell me your name and I'll recommend you to dad!"

"I, uh, can't do that... I'm sorry, I know it's strange..."

"Oh... Mystery man..." Bulma said teasingly, giggling to herself as she saw the uncomfortable look on his face.

"Is his shoe size a secret too?" Tien asked sarcastically, Chiaotzu giggling behind him as Yamcha backed him up.

"Yeah! Why can't I have a secret name? That's not fair..."

"I bet you have a secret spy decoder ring too-"

"Knock it off you guys!" Bulma said seriously, defending the stranger as she glared back at her friends. "You're all jealous... This guy just beat Frieza single-handedly! So there!"

Gohan nodded as Luna seemed to agree as well. They really did owe this man their lives. Who knows what would have happened if we had been forced to take on both of those monsters ourselves... Luna thought, clenching her fists together subconsciously as she thought about what might have happened.

"Ha!" Vegeta scoffed, cursing under his breath as Bulma laughed, knowing he was just envious of this new fighter's power. The blue haired woman grinned, turning to face said fighter before winking at him as she saw a light blush creep across his cheeks.

Luna sighed, growing bored with just waiting around as she lowered one of her bare feet towards the hard ground below her, retracting it immediately when she discovered it was far too hot for her liking.

"And that's why you need shoes Luna!" Bulma shouted, trying to grab onto her friend's leg as she floated just out of her reach. "Get back here!"

"No!"

"You'll have to come down eventually!"

Luna sipped her soda casually, smirking at the woman below her as she continued to hurl empty threats her way.

"If you don't put those boots on next time, I'll never make you strawberry cake again!"

"Chi Chi will make it for me." Luna countered confidently, trying her hardest not to laugh as her friend was running out of options and hopefully, was close to giving up on winning this fight.