Chapter 41. Consequences

Start from the beginning

"We can't, Elina," Evan held my hand, "A black witch's last magic is very powerful. Besides, Daniel already lost his wolf."

"Or maybe we can save him," we all directed our attention on Lisa who spoke all of a sudden, "Turn him, Evan."

Everyone's face represented that of shock as they looked at Lisa as if she had grown an additional head.

"I'm letting you break my own rules. Now, don't make me regret it," she stated firmly, "Daniel has already sacrificed a lot for us and I don't want him to die this way. Not yet. He still has to be there for the prophecy. For all of us. So, I permit you to turn him into a hybrid, Evan."

Evan looked at Lisa, "But he has already lost his wolf and it's not full moon as of when James and all the other hybrids who died were turned on full moon. If we turn him now, we will be opposing the law of nature and you know there will be consequences."

"I know but we don't have an option here, Evan," she looked at Daniel with expectation in her beautiful blue-green eyes, "He's brave. He'll face all the consequences. I know that."

"Yeah...." Evan's voice trailed as he took hold of Daniel's wrist, "I am sorry, my friend." He said before sinking his fangs into Daniel's wrist tearing the delicate skin.

Daniel's whole body shuddered visibly at the impact. He was writhing uncontrollably--trashing against the ground.

A huge growl escaped past his lips as his eyes flutter open. His irises were shining gold and he looked restless. He harshly tried to pry of Evan's fangs from his wrist but Evan didn't let go and only tightened his grip.

After a few more struggle, Evan finally let go of Daniel's wrist. The moment he did that, Daniel held Evan's neck in a death grip,

"What the hell did you do to me?!" Daniel practically shouted.

"Calm down, Daniel. This is just the effect of the transition. Don't let it subotage your emotions." Evan tried to remove Daniel's hands of his neck but he only tightened his grip.

"No! I can only feel the rage inside me. Nothing else-Ahhhh...." he suddenly let go of Evan and fell on the ground griping himself as his body thrashed uncontrollably.

"Oh, God! What's happening to him?!" Ariel was on the verge of bursting into tears as she looked at her brother who was screaming in pain.

"It's all part of the consequences, Ariel. The transition isn't acceptable by nature. He'll go through a lot of pain in order to turn into a complete hybrid and then there's more...." Lisa's gazes shifted to Evan for a fleeting second and all I saw in his eyes were sadness as he looked at his dear friend.

"He'll be fine," I placed my hand on his shoulder trying to console him when I myself didn't know what would happen next.

"There's more?--" Ariel's question was cut off by another growl from Daniel.

It pained me to look at Daniel suffer. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have been in the condition he is now.

It's all my fault. The dagger should have hit me instead.

"It's not your fault, Elina. It was Daniel's decision itself. He knew the outcome but he still came in front of you and let the dagger hit him instead," Lisa said.

I totally forgot that she could hear my thoughts.

Lisa crouched down to Daniel's form and placed her palm on his head muttering something with her eyes closed. The next moment, Daniel stopped struggling as his eyes started to shut close, "Let's take him back to the castle"

__________

We were back in Veneton in the Davies mansion. It felt like years since I visited this place.

Everything was same since I left except there were few walls which had cracks as if someone had punched against it or caused the damage intentionally.

We all had been waiting for Daniel to complete his transition after we came here. Lisa, Claire and Jacob were trying to make his transition less painful by casting some spells while I, Evan, Stephen, Olivia, Ariel and James were all outside hearing Daniel's scream in pain.

Ariel was crying continuously in James arms as he comforted her.

It's surprising that James is indeed Ariel's mate. I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, they look perfect together and James really seems to care for Ariel. Whatever feelings I had for James before, I don't have it anymore. Since I realised my feelings for Evan. So, yeah, I'm happy for them.

From the corner of my eye I sighted Stephen and Olivia. It was the first time I saw tears in Stephen's eyes. He is always smiling that it feels weird when he's crying like this. Stephen was weeping hugging Olivia tightly as she caressed his back in a comforting way.

A slow but sure smile made it's way on my lips. Whether they accept it or not, they both cared for each other and even when they are fighting or arguing they have a kind of chemistry between them which only a few would notice.

A cough interrupted my reverie and I glanced at Evan before looking back at Stephen and Olivia, "Don't you think they have something going on between them?"

He just hummed in response.

Our head snapped in the direction of the room--where Daniel was in-- when we heard the door open as Lisa and Claire came out with satisfied smiles on their pretty faces while Jacob looked a little worn out but he still managed to smile.

"You'll can meet him now. Though there are a few things about him that I would like to warn you'll about," Claire's gazes stayed at me for a second before she looked back at everyone, "Since Daniel was not turned on full moon, he will not be able to use both of his vampire/werewolf sides together. That is, he can either use his vampire side or either use his werewolf side at a time. And since he was turned by Evan, he'll have the same powers of a royal vampire and the same bloodthirst that the royals suffer so...."

I felt like she wanted to say something as her gazes were fixed on me but she looked a bit nervous.

Claire? Nervous?

"It's okay, myota lyobov. I'll tell her," Jacob came beside Claire linking their hands, "I'm sorry to say this, Elina, but you can't meet Daniel as of now. You see you're a human and he's quite bloodthirsty right now. It would be best if you stay away from him for now so that he doesn't loses control. Don't worry, he'll be fine in a few days and then he'll be able to control his thirst. Then you can meet him. I hope you understand."

Oh...

So, I can't meet Danny, right?

I had a question to ask him which will have to wait now.

But it's okay.

"I understand," I said.

They all nodded in accordance as they started to enter the room to meet Daniel. Evan gave my hand a gentle squeeze before he followed the others to Danny's room.

Atlast, things were getting back to place.

_____

'Myota Lyobov' means 'my love' in Bulgarian.

Woosh! I'm really sorry for the late update.

One more chapter to go then there's the epilogue which I'm so eager for you'll to read;)