Chapter 3. Veneton

Elina's P.O.V

A week ago, I received a letter from the council offering a job as an assistant manager at the Royal mansion of Veneton. At first, Uncle Aaron and Aunt Rachel hesitated to allow me to work but then they allowed me when I said that I just wanted to explore the city. The truth was, I wanted to help them with their financial crisis but if I said so, they wouldn't accept my help. According to the conditions written in the job document, I had to stay in the mansion and was only allowed to visit my relatives during vacations.

The day to leave Iris and head for Veneton arrived so fast. I had packed some of my clothes and money which I had saved from my pocket money. I am thankful I collected it instead of spending them. Usually, I am not the 'collecting type' of a person. I just spend all of my money buying stupid things which I just use once or spend it on eatables.

I carried my luggage and headed down the stairs. I walked over to Aunt Rachel who was standing at the porch.

"So you're leaving us alone? Your uncle has become old. Who will talk to me when you're gone?" Aunt Rachel said in a choked voice, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

Aunt Rachel was an emotional person. She loved me like her own daughter. I feel privileged to have her in my life. If I didn't say anything she would surely start crying and I didn't want that.

"I am young enough!" came the haighty voice of Uncle Aron as he walked towards where I aunt Rachel stood at the porch, "But we will surely miss you, Elina."

I mouthed 'I will miss you too'. I am gonna miss them so much. I just wish I could stay here but no, I have to go. For Uncle and Aunt. I can't be a burden on them. I had to contribute my part and be a helpful neice.

I heard the sound of the carriage man call for me to sit in the carriage so that we can leave for Veneton. It's already time to go.

Uncle and Aunt wished me Luck and said me to take care of myself. I hugged both of them and headed towards the carriage. As I was sat in the carriage, I thought about all the moments spent with my Uncle and Aunt.

It was a long journey from Iris to Veneton. It took a whole day to reach Veneton.

Iris and Veneton were the two main empires. Veneton was ruled by a Vampire Lord whereas Iris was ruled by the Werewolf Queen. Both the cities had a cold war with each other because of the conflict between the Vampires and the Werewolves. I had lived in Iris for almost 19 years but I have never known anything about our queen, there were no pictures of the Queen in newspapers. The Werewolf queen didn't like to be famous, I guess. Many of the people in Iris, didn't even know how their own queen looked like.

When I arrived at the Royal Mansion, it was already evening. When we entered the mansion gates, I couldn't believe my own eyes at the beauty of the mansion. It was a very big castle-like mansion. The mansion was built on a large ground, beautiful garden surrounding it. It was Manificently beautiful. It looked kind of a fairytale palace.

As I stepped inside the castle, I could see big portraits of sceneries and unfamiliar people hanged on the neatly polished wooden walls.

The interior was somewhat gothic which made it look intriguing. The mansion had a large hallway. I couldn't find out where I had to go for the interview. I saw a man passing by, the man had black hair and dark brown eyes which looked more like black. I walked over to him,
"Could you please tell me the way to the interview room?"

He inquired whether I was the girl assigned by the council and when I said I was, he behaved like he had just got the shock of the life.

"Oh no! I totally forgot. Olivia's gonna kill me" he squeezed his eyes shut and started hitting his head with his balled fist.