Chapter 22. An Ancient Witch?

Previous chapter

As soon as she left with Carla, Daniel straightened himself.

"With the queen gone, Let's start the actual meeting" he smirked looking at Evan. And Evan smirked back.

Elina's POV

"Come, Elina. You're an important part of this discussion" I was caught off guard when Daniel said that gesturing me to sit on the armchair which was occupied by Carla a few minutes ago.

How am I even involved in the matters of royals?

"Wha-what? How am I even involved in this" I raised my eyebrow questioning him.

But instead, Stephen answered my question "Don't worry, sister. We just want to know about your...um...friend. What was his name?" Stephen was scratching his head probably trying to remember the name "Yes, Dames!" He squealed like he just answered a world quiz competition.

Dames? Who is he? Do I know anybody named Dames?

"It's James, you idiot" Olivia hit Stephen's head making everyone chuckle then looked at me  "We wanted to know about him and since you are the only one who actually has been with him, can you tell us How do you know him? How you met him and stuff?"

Oh, so they want to know about James. All of them listened attentively while I said them about James.

"James was our neighbour when I started living with Uncle Aaron and Aunt Rachel after my parent's death. He lived with his mother who passed away when he was sixteen. We became close friends since childhood and....um...we started falling for each other as we grew up. We declared our love for each other. Uncle and Aunt were really happy for us" I looked up at Evan who was punching the table slowly which no one seemed to notice.

What's wrong with him? Nevertheless, I continued.

"Then one day, he left without any trace. It was last year. He used to be a really nice person, I don't know how he became a monster" I controlled myself from shedding tears and sighed "So, this is how I know him."

They all nodded and were quiet for a moment, probably thinking. Whereas Evan looked quite pissed off. He is strange. Really Strange.

The meeting continued. We were discussing if I ever felt something strange about James to which I replied honestly that I didn't.

Daniel was insisting Evan to let him try to get information from James which for sure meant...he would torture him to blurt out about his transformer. Evan said he already did that but the hybrid, James, wouldn't speak a word.

Oh God! Evan tortured James?!

"That means either he's compelled or sired. The former one doesn't sound believable as only demons have the power to compel that means..." we all looked at Ariel who stopped mid-sentence then shook her head "He is sired to his transformer"

The sire bond- In short, it's a bond between the master and his made creature. The person listens to everything said by his master, even if he doesn't want to. If the master tells the person he had turned, to kill his mother than the creature won't hesitate to do it. It happened only if the person was grateful or relied on his master. It was very hard to break the bond and it was rare as well.

I understand what James must be going through. I wonder what happened to him to rely on or be grateful of the person.

"There's no way we can break the sire bond!" Daniel pulled on his hair in frustration even the others looked agitated.

"Or maybe there's a way. I can help you with the sire bond thing"

We all turned around to look at the owner of the tantalizing voice. There stood a fiery ginger-haired girl standing with a grin on her face, her green eyes shining brightly. She was gorgeous as hell.

"Claire?!"

All of them said simultaneously excluding me and Olivia who looked confused as to who the girl was and Stephen who had the same grin plastered on his face.

"Hi, Evie." She waved at Evan moving towards us."Hello, Daniel and Ariel." She greeted them. They all looked like they have just seen a ghost.

Evie? I felt like laughing. Funny nickname.

"Hey! Stef, thank you for inviting me! I missed you." She squealed and hugged Stephen who hugged her back. "Missed you too, sweety"

Olivia looked confused and...irritated by Claire's closeness with Stephen. Whereas, Evan's eyes went wide as saucers followed by Daniel and Ariel who still looked shocked.

"You knew where she was, Stephen? And you didn't bother to tell me?! For heaven's sake, it's been a freaking hundred years!" Evan yelled making us all flinch and glared at Stephen.

"Don't you dare glare at my little brother, Evie. I said to him not to say you about my location, okay?" Claire stood in front of Stephen crossing her arms over her chest.

I really like the way she says 'Evie'. That Accent!

But wait, brother?

Evan and Stephen have a sister?

"I didn't ask you, Claire. Do. Not. Interrupt." He gave an icy look to her before he transfixed his gaze back at Stephen for answers. Claire stomped her foot mouthing 'Jerk' but didn't speak anything.

Stephen was scratching his head while everyone in the room had their attention on him including mine. He looked around at everyone than sighed heavily.

"Okay, fine! You sincerely can't expect a poor vampire like me to deny a witch's wish let alone a 500 hundred-year-old ancient witch, can you?" He was being so dramatic stomping his foot, walking around whining like a child.

Damn. This was getting chaotic.

At first, the fact that these two had a sister which is not confirmed yet. Okay, I assumed.

Second, What's with the location and Stephen not telling about it? And a hundred year? Pretty confusing.

Last, Claire was a freaking ancient witch who was 500 years old. I mean, she looked quite young, twenty or twenty-one. She was older than both Evan and Stephen.

I remember once asking Stephen how old he was. He said that he was 350 and Evan was 436 years old.

"How do you both know her, Evan and Stephen?" Olivia's curious question got me back to present. Even Daniel and Ariel looked as if they had the same question.

Oops. I had the same question as well. Thanks, Olivia.

Stephen and Claire looked at each other grinning like idiots even Evan was trying to contain his grin.

"Well, Ladies and Gentlemen." Stephen stood in front of everyone, clearing his throat like those anchors in an opera.

"Claire, here is our cousin sister and Evan's best friend, right Evie?" we all chuckled when Stephen tried to mimic Claire.

"Wow. You mean the most powerful witch in existence is your sister. But a witch as in a vampire's cousin. I mean, isn't she supposed to be a vampire? God! She's a royal as well." Daniel's eyes widened as realisation hit him.

"Her father, my uncle who was a vampire married a witch, my aunt. Since only one species is acceptable by nature, Claire turned out to be a witch like her mother." Evan explained.

While all of us just did an 'oh' in approval.

"Now if you'll are done, Can I do the work I am here for" we looked at Claire like she had grown two heads "What?! Forgot?! I am here to break the sire bond. So, where's the hybrid?"

We all again did an 'oh' before Evan stood up and walked to the door.

"Let's go to the dungeon."

_________

What do you think about Claire? I kind of love her, isn't she pretty amazing?