Chapter 38. Re-Union

Elina's POV

I was panting heavily trying to regain my lost oxygen. I don't know what Ginivieve exactly is or what she was doing to me earlier. When she had me lifted by my throat, I felt like my body was going limp by every passing second as if she was draining the life out of me. Only if it weren't for her to suddenly release me, I would have been dead.

But wait, why would she release me all of a sudden when she looked ready to kill me in an instant?

A smile formed on my lips as I glanced towards the intruders in the cell. Evan, Claire and an utterly beautiful girl who looked around twenty with brunette hair and blue-green eyes, were standing looking at me.

Who is the girl? She's really pretty for a human. Maybe she's not human-

"Thank you for the compliment. And yeah I am not human, sweetheart. It's good to finally meet you, Elina," The girl extended her hand for a handshake. Her voice like an angel but there was an authority in it that made me want to submit to her. I shook her hand but then the bell rang in my head. Did she just answer my thoughts?! 

"By the way, I am Mellisa Castellejo. Lisa for short." She smiled sweetly.

Mellisa Castellejo. Oh my... Is she the ultimate queen Jacob had mentioned about?!

"Yeah." She replied my thoughts yet again before turning her head to look at Jacob, "Jacob?" She headed towards him. By the mention of the name, Claire looked in his direction and was staring at him with wide eyes like she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"I thought I lost you. I thought you were...." Claire's voice was so low but I knew there was so much grief held in those words.

She had been greiving for a century believing her mate is dead even though she never showed it but she was hurt.

Jacob had agreed to stay as Giniveive's prisoner so that she wouldn't hurt Claire. Even though he was suffering everyday, he was relieved that Claire was safe.

I know for a fact that they both love each other more than anything and I am happy that they are able to finally get back to each other after so long.

"But I am here now and I missed you, my love." Jacob spread his arms as Claire ran to him and hugged him tightly as if making up for all the years they have been apart.

"I missed you too." Claire muttered whilst her teary eyes.

I was so happy for them. They are actually meant for each other.

Our momentary happiness was disturbed, "Enough of the happy reunion! I am gonna kill all of you!" Giniveive scoffed.

I gasped when I saw her. What the hell is she?! She looked no less than medusa with the horns and snake like hair.

"Lisa do you have any idea what she is?!" Stephen asked exaperatedly pointing towards Ginivieve completely ignoring her words.

"Excuse me, I am speaking." The black witch shouted but everyone were completely ignoring her.

My bones felt a little numb as I tried to get up from the floor.

How many times have I cracked my bones because of the black witch's magic?

A hand was offered to me and when I looked up, I saw the familiar face which I had been missing so much during my stay here but his eyes were entirely black and his face showed no emotion which made me gulp.

Now what happened to him?

Despite my mind protesting me not to take his help to get up, I placed my hand on Evan's offered palm. His hands are still so warm.

He pulled me in one swish movement that I almost crashed to his hard chest. Almost.

Once I was on my feet, I stood at a good distance from him but he didn't let go of my hand. I stared at our intertwined hands and then shifted my gazes to his face.

Oh God. His eyes....

"He's been possesed by a demon, sis." Stephen's words made my eyes widen with shock.

Possesed by a Demon....

I saw Lisa hitting him in his gut with her elbow, "Stop scaring the girl, Stef." She directed her attention on me and smiled, "He's just out of control. Now that we found you, he'll be fine soon."

"That will only be possible if you'll be able to escape my clutches. And I'll make sure you won't." Giselle commented.

"Now you're annoying me. Let's get finished with you." Lisa raised her palm but Claire stopped her,

"Lisa, wait! I will take care of her. There's a lot of debt to payback. Why don't you take Elina and others and meet Olivia outside the fort?"

Lisa smiled viciously in her direction, "All yours." She raised her hands in surrender and headed towards Me and Evan dragging Stephen along with her. I stared at her confused when she extended her palm towards me.

"Come on, Elina. Hold my hand. We need to teleport outside the castle where Olivia is waiting for us." Lisa smiled, her palm still extended.

Since my left hand was in Evan's hold, I hesitantly placed my right hand on her palm. Once I did, she took a quick look at my and Evan's hand before turning in Jacob's direction.

"Jacob, you're coming?" Lisa asked him holding mine and Stephen's hand firmly.

"I will stay along with Claire. We are in this together," he smiled and took hold of Claire's hand who smiled back sweetly at him.

"Thought so." Lisa's smile grew wider as she glanced at Claire, "Make sure she doesn't escape this time."

With that, she closed her eyes and the next thing I know, we are outside a huge fort but what shocked me was the sight in front us.

Thousands of lethal looking Hybrids were in the open ground, fully armed, as if they were waiting for their opposers arrival.

And now that we're here. The Battle shall begin.

__________

I'm finally back!

I am done with my exams and now I have a long vacation. I missed you'll so much and I missed writing.

I know the story might be getting boring for you'll but believe me, once the battle is over, there'll be so many happy moments and even some sad ones but it'll be okay.

There are few more chapters and then the story will be completed.

After this story, I might write Daniel's story or maybe a new story with new characters;)