Chapter 29. Loosing Control

My eyes adjust to the sparse candle lit at the farther end of this shady place I am in. A place which smelled like a rotting flesh. My eyes widen as the realisation dawned on me making me sit up abruptly causing the shackles tied onto my wrists and legs to slice through the skin.

I was freaking kidnapped by a strange troop of black-clothed womens, who were lead by none other than Giselle, the Queen of bitches.

Who if I may say, I so blindedly believed.

I don't even know why I am bought here! But first of all,

"Where the hell am I?" I groan holding my pounding head.

"You're in a cellar." I stop dead at the unfamiliar masculine voice.

My head slowly directs to the source of the sound. There in the other corner of the adjoining cell, I see a blonde headed man--tied in shackles similar to mine seated in a relaxed posture as if he's been there for a very long time--observing my each move with his calculating brown eyes.

"Who's mate are you exactly? Evan or Daniel?" He asks in his thick bulgarian accent making me more shocked than I already am.

He knows Evan and Daniel? They are pretty much known to all the supernaturals 'cause they are royals. So, that isn't surprising but the fact that he knows about the 'mate' thing is what shocked me.

No one is aware of that fact. Even I wasn't aware of the mate thing even though I was a part of it.

"How do you know about it? I mean, The mate thing." I look at him curiously as he dust his pants while replying,

"I know it because I am a part of the prophecy."

Part of the prophecy?

According to Giselle, there were three pairs included in the prophecy. Evan and I, Daniel and his mate--which he's yet to find-- and Claire and....

"What's your name?" I ask a little too curious.

"Jacob."

Author's P.O.V [Evan's perspective]

Evan stretched his arms to hold the girl who made her way into his heart closer. To his dismay, the other side of the bed was empty.

Yesterday, he couldn't seem to forget the hurt look in Elina's eyes when she asked whether he killed her parents.

He had taken all the blame on himself so that Stephen would be out of suspicion. Evan knew what Stephen did years ago, he regretted it and was carrying the guilt till now. Making Stephen aware that it was Elina's parents who he killed would make his guilt swallow him whole.

Evan couldn't do that. He couldn't let his small brother suffer. And knowing that how much Stephen and Elina mattered to each other, he couldn't let their bond break. It would have hurt them both. He couldn't see them both hurt. He cared for both of them.

He had come here yesterday planning to leave before Elina woke up. But looks like his plan had gone into vain since it was almost afternoon. She must be already awake and now he'll have to answer her about his act. But First, he had to find her, Evan thought.

He quickly got off the bed making his way out of the room to the passageway where he saw Olivia giving instructions to a guard.

"Have you seen Elina, Livy? She isn't in her room." Evan asked Olivia once he was in front of her.

She shook her head, "No, maybe she'll be somewhere in the mansion."

Evan and Olivia felt a gush of air as Stephen came running in his vampire speed and stood in front of them.

"No! She isn't, old lady. I am searching for my sister since five in the morning in every place possible except she's nowhere." Stephen frowned making hand gestures.

Olivia's eyes widened. She had thought Elina had returned after she went for a stroll in the forest. Listening to Stephen said otherwise.

"I...I thought she returned back yesterday night from the forest." The words escaped Olivia's lips as the men snapped their heads in her direction.

"Forest?" Stephen tilted his head while Evan could feel worry bubbling inside him.

"Elina went there for a walk yesterday night. She was supposed to return after sometime. I thought she must have returned but she didn't. God, where is she?" Olivia was as much worried as Stephen.

Evan felt rage and worry fill him. It was really dangerous to stroll in the forests at night time.

He wouldn't spare a single person if anything happened to his Elina. He would rip every single person's throat and heart out to find her.

Black smoke started emmiting from Evan's balled fists, dark veins covered the area under his eyes as his eyes started turning entirely black.

Olivia and Stephen gasped looking at Evan.

"What's wrong with him?!" Both of them looked at each other frantically before shouting at the top of their lungs,

"Claire! Claire! Come here fast. Something is wrong with Evan!"

Evan didn't move from his place while the black smoke started swivelling around him.

Claire came rushing soon after. Her eyes widened looking at the sight in front of her as she covered her mouth with her palms,

"Godamn! He's loosing his control!"

____________

I haven't proofread the chapter so please forgive me for the errors:(

I know I put on double cliffhangers so I'll try to make the next chapter long....

It's 3:40 a.m. and I am really sleepy.

Good Night. Sweet dreams.