Chapter 37. Secrets and Revelation

A/N: Here's a long chapter for you'll before I go MIA for 3 months.

Author's POV

Royal Palace : Veneton

Lisa was seated on the armchair leisurely in Evan's study. She glanced at Evan with a bored expression.

From the last one month, she had tried to make him calm but nothing seemed to work as with every passing day, he becomes more out of control.

"You know, I can free you if you promise not to mess up." She suggested to see him glare at her with pitch black eyes.

She rolled her eyes and turned to look at Claire who was chanting the locator spell with her eyes closed.

"Any progress?" Lisa inquired as Claire opened her eyes.

"Stephen had reached the spot where Elina's held captive. We'll be there soon." She replied.

Claire took hold of the knife placed on the table next to a map and sliced her palm letting the droplets of blood from the cut to fall on the map.

The droplets of blood collected together and started moving in one direction as they traced Stephen's location. After changing directions for a while, the blood stopped moving to stop at a certain spot.

"Fort Darmont." Claire said as both of them looked at each other with wide smiles.

Lisa's head turned to Evan with a determined look, "Come on, lover boy. Let's take you to your mate."

Stephen's POV

Shock would be an understatement considering the state I am in right now.

First of all,

Jacob is alive! I mean, He was dead. Not that I have a single bit complain about it. I'll have to get him out of here along with Ellie. Claire will be so happy to see him.

Then, my momentary happiness was snatched when I heard the she-devil say that Evan killed Elina's parents. Evan had killed many people but he never kills the innocent. I know that for sure.

But when she said that I killed her parents, the one time when I had actually killed someone, flashed in my mind.

That day was my worst nightmare. That day, I killed someone innocent. I didn't had any knowledge of what I was doing or why. It was like someone had possessed me--Controlling me like their puppet.

And now I know why I felt that way. It was because the she-devil Giselle aka Ginivieve was using her vodoo on me. I can't believe her! She's delusional! She made me kill someone!

But why did she make me kill Elina's parents?

"Why?" Elina's voice was barely above a whisper as she spoke mirroring my thoughts.

I feel so bad. Even though, Giselle made me kill Elina's parents, it doesn't change the fact that I was the one who took their lives.

I am so sorry, Elina. I really am. It's all my fault.

"You mean why I killed them?" Giselle entangled her hideous blonde hair, twirling them around her index finger, "I did warn them but those stupid idiots didn't take me seriously. And now, look, they're dead."

You're the idiot here! I wanted shout at her face but instead remained quite as she spoke future,

"Well, do you know your parents were the blessed ones?" Her gazes shifted to my sister.

Elina's parents were the blessed ones?

'The Blessed Ones' were the pair of couple who were bestowed by the goddesses by an unknown blessing.