chapter one

Arabella≫

The cold air hit my face as I exited the car.

I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep warm.

I was currently standing in front of a giant house, now called my new home.

It was just me, my mom and my older sister.

My dad was out of the picture, I didn't even know him. He left when I was 5, and we haven't contacted him since.

We had moved from sunny California to Omaha. It was going to be very hard for me to adjust because it was the middle of Fall, meaning it was cold and in California, it was never cold.

"So what do you think?" My mom asked me and my sister, with a big smile on her face.

"It's beautiful" my sister, Cara whispered from beside me.

"Well then go inside and pick your rooms! There's 6 upstairs, pick any, except for the master bedroom"

I honesty had no idea why mom had bought a humongous house for just the 3 of us. We would be perfectly fine in a 3 bedroom house.

As you can tell, we were rich. My mom worked as a brain surgeon.

Which was also the reason we moved, she had been moved to a hospital here.

Being rich was okay I guess, you would expect me to be all happy right? But when people say money doesn't buy you happiness, it's true. All this money and I didn't care, I wasn't depressed or anything but I got lonely sometimes. With my mom being gone all the time because of her job and Cara was always out. My life wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

I followed behind as Cara ran inside.

I lightly laughed, Cara was 18, one year older then me but she acted as if she was 5.

I walked up the stairs and I could already hear Cara opening the doors and closing them.

I walked into all the rooms and I wasn't satisfied with them.

I finally walked to the end of the hall and prayed this room would be perfect.

And my prayers were answered.

It was a dark room, the walls were painted a beautiful maroon colour.

And it had 2 massive windows and and it was humongous, wow if this was just a regular room I wonder how big the masters would be.

I noticed that there was a walk in closest and another door leading to a bathroom.

Just like the room, the bathroom was also very big.

"Dibs on the maroon room!" I called out, hoping Cara would hear me.

"Okay! I want the peach room" she replied back instantly.

I exited my new room and walked down the stairs.

I entered the living room to find my mom instructing the movers on where to put the furniture.

I jumped onto one of the couches and made myself comfortable.

"Which room did you pick?" She asked.

"The maroon one"

I was glad I got the maroon one, not because I loved the inside but because where it was.

It was at the end of the hall. And the master was at the other end and Caras was beside the masters.

"That's a nice one"