chapter eighteen

Arabella≫

"welcome to Donnas Diner, what would you like" I asked in a fake, sweet voice.

"hmmm, you" the creepy middle aged man said.

"um, sorry but I'm not on the menu" I awkwardly laughed, not wanting to be in this situation.

"well maybe you should be" he said checking me out.

I felt someone walk up behind me, and I already knew who it was without having to turn around.

"hey, who the fuck do you think you are?" Jack said, getting right up in that mans face.

"Jack, not now" I said, trying to pull him back.

Almost everyone in the diner was looking at us and this was bad for business.

"I suggest you shut the fuck up and stop talking to my girl like that, if you can't do that then you should leave before I knock your teeth out"

"Jack" I said again, trying to tug him away.

"o-okay" the creepy ass man said, as he got up and almost tripped while tryna jog out the door.

"Was that necessary" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Sorry but I couldn't just sit there and watch that creep talk to you like that" he scoffed.

"If you can't control yourself then maybe you should leave!" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Leave? I'm not fucking leaving until your shift is over" he said as he bumped shoulders with me and walked back to his seat.

I sighed as I looked around the diner and saw that everyone was still staring.

I turned around and walk into the kitchen, not wanting to deal with the stares.

"Arabella"

shit, it was Donna.

"Look I'm sorry about that, I know it's bad for business but I promise you that Jack won't ever do that again" I immediately started apologizing to Donna.

Her response shocked me.

"Don't worry honey" she smiled at me.

"What?" I asked clearly confused.

"I'm glad that your boyfriend did that, no man should ever talk to you in that way"

I sighed in relief.

"I was terrified you were gonna be mad"

"Why would I be mad" she laughed.

"Um and by the way Jack isn't my boyfriend" I said turning red.

Well it was true, yes I liked Jack and I'm pretty sure he felt the same about me and we've kissed a few times and he does call me his girl but that didn't mean jack and I were dating

"Oh he isn't? I just thought he was since he's been sitting here for 3 hours while you've been working and I've seen the way he's been looking at you, every time you go and take an order, he watches you and it almost looks like he's ready to jump up at any minute and take a bullet for you" she laughed, and then walked out.

I stood there for a bit, taking that in.

Smiling, I made my way back out to go take more orders.

I looked at Jack from the corner of my eye and I understood what Donna meant.

I probably looked like an idiot, standing there and smiling so I wiped that stupid smile off my face and got back to work.

-2 hours later-