16

It's been a week. I can't get my mind off Regina. I wish I could see her. Just once more to talk to her. I was sat at home with Freddie making chocolate chip pancakes. It's about 5 o'clock and dark outside.

"Mummy we ran out of chocolate chips" Freddie says while mixing the mixture.

"How did we? I brought loads" I say looking up at me son. I saw chocolate all around his mouth. "Ow that's where they went" I say smirking at my son and raising my eyebrow at him.

"What? It wasn't me" he says looking innocent.

I laughed at my son and went to the sink. I washed his mouth quickly before sending him to get his shoes. I put mine on and went to the door.

"Come on Fred. Let's go to the shop and get some" I say holding my hand out to him.

He held my hand and I opened the front door. It may have been dark but it wasn't cold out. We decided to walk. While walking back home I noticed a torch on a car. It was the same car Regina owned. As me and Freddie we're walking towards it I looked through the window. I saw it was Regina. I never knew that wish was going to come true. I stopped walking and bent down to check it definitely was Regina.

"Why we stopping Mummy" Freddie asked looking confused.

"Give me two seconds ok. I just need to talk to her" I say softly to my son. I knocked on the window to get her attention. She unwinded her window and looked up at me. "Hey" I say softly.

"Ow it's you. What do you want" she asked looking upset at me.

"Are you living in your car" I asked looking at at the newspaper in her hand.

"Well since you had my gang put into prison and the place we all lived shut down completely I don't have a place to live no. Also all my money was taken because most of it was stolen by April or drug money so I have none. The only thing I'm allowed to keep is my car which I've tried selling but I can't because I don't have anywhere to live" Regina replied now sounding more annoyed than upset.

"Get our the car" I say standing up straight.

"What"

"Get our the car" I say a little more stern.

Regina glared at me and got out the car. She crossed her arms as she looked at me.

"What" she asked with a shrug.

"Get in the passenger side and don't ask why" I sighed while holding the door open. Regina just frowned and walked around her car. She got in and slammed the door shut. "Alright Freddie jump in" I say looking down at him.

He climbed in and into the back seats. I got into the car and started it up. Regina looked across as me and I looked up at her.

"Who's that Mummy" Freddie asked sitting forward.

"This is someone I worked with. Her name is Regina. She's going to stay with us for a few days until she gets a place to live" I replied over my shoulder at him.

"No I'm not living with you. That's not happening. I hate you so much for how you treated me" Regina growled as she looked annoyed at me.  

"Don't start. Your staying with me in a spare room until you have a place to live" I say as I started driving.

"She's very pretty Mummy. She's even more pretty than Lola" Freddie says making my eyes grow twice as big.

"Frederick!" I say shocked.

"Let me guess. Lola's your girlfriends" Regina asked looking up at me upset even more.

"Look me and you will talk when we get back to mine" I say sternly to the woman next to me.

She sighed and looked out the window. Shortly after we arrived at my house. I got out the car and helped Freddie out. We walked around the car but Regina didn't get out.

"She's crying mummy" Freddie points out as he looked at the window curiously.

Regina was wiping her tears away and looking at the ground. I realised I need to talk to her. I gave Freddie the bag of chocolate chips we brought.

"Go on to the front door. Don't open them" I say warning him with a smile. He giggled and ran on to the door. I opened Regina's and bent down to see her. "Come on. I need to finish making pancakes with Freddie and we will talk. I have a room for you. You don't even have see me but I'm not letting you be homeless" I softly says looking at her and waiting for her to look at me.

Regina looked up at me. I saw the tears down her face. Her eyes had so much heart break and loss in them. She looked so upset. I know it was my job but my job wasn't to hurt her. I did that. I let her fall in love with me because I thought it would help my career. I fell in love with her yes but that's a topic for another day.

"Ok... let's go then" she says as she wiped the last few tears away.

I smiled slight but she didn't return the gesture. I moved out the way and she got out. She walked on to the front door. I locked the car before following. I unlocked my front door and let them in. Cinnamon came running over and straight to Regina.

"Cinnamon" Freddie says stroking the dog.

"I love dogs. Apples was legally April's so I didn't get to keep her" Regina says as she bent down to stroke Cinnamon.

"Awe that's a shame. Come on Freddie let's go into the kitchen. I'll be there in a second. Don't eat them" I say softly looking down at them. Freddie ran into the kitchen excitedly. Regina stood up and looked awkwardly at me. "You want pancakes? There chocolate chip" I softly asked.

"I'm good. Just tell me which room and I will know where it is. I take it Freddie's room was the one that was locked" Regina says looking down with that same sad look.

"Yeah. You'll be staying in the one next to me. That's the best room. There's a tv and a double bed" I say feeling the awkward tension.

"Thanks" she simply replied before walking away.

I sighed and walked to the kitchen. Me and Freddie finished making the pancakes and cooked them. He loved them and was so happy after. Seeing him happy made me happy. He meant the world to me. After we ate the pancakes I bathed Freddie and sat downstairs in the living room watching horrid Henry. He loved it.

"Mummy is that woman staying with us long" he asked looking up at me.

"I'm not sure. Just until she gets a place to stay. Can you keep a secret" I asked knowing my son surprisingly can.

"Yeah. What is it" he eagerly asked.

"That girl is someone I love. This stays between you and mummy ok" I say smiling down at my son.

We tell each other everything. Well I don't tell him details about my job but he always knows what I'm doing. Granted a 5 year old hasn't got much to tell me now but this means that we will grow up with this bound and he will tell me everything when he's older.

"Mummy you love her? Is she your new girlfriend" he asked with a smile.

"No. She is just someone I care about. Remember don't tell her ok. Our little secret" I say holding my pinky out to him.

"I won't. Mummy and Freddie's secret" he says linking his little finger with mine.