Chapter 3- Paparazzi

A black Cadillac was parked outside Sakura's apartment complementing the looks of the young lady in elegantly strapless little red dress with her long pink hair in fishtail braid resting on her left shoulder.

As soon as she was seated inside the car she took off her platform heels like it was burning her feet.

"Sakura-san, that frown doesn't fit you." The driver in mid-forties said looking at the said girl through the rearview mirror.

She sighed.

"I really hates these dinners. I need to wear this heels for hours, do you think I can escape this time?" There was a hint of hope in her eyes.

The driver laugh as he starts the engine.

"I wouldn't try that, your father really looks forward to this night. He's been mentioning praises and names since he received the invitation."

Sakura concluded that either there is an important business client or a business partner attending the party tonight. Having said that her father praises someone means a lot since it happens rarely.

"Hmm, who might that be?" She asked without particularly expecting an answer.

"What was the name? Hmn I think it is, Uzu- no that's different. Uchina? Uchiko? - I can't remember but its start with the letter U."

She nodded and start scrambling at the built-in mini cooler of the car to get a bottled lemonade to drink for the rest of the trip.

It was a twenty-minute drive to the place of the event, it is one of the many prestigious hall around the city and as she expected it was a red carpet entrance just like the scene you normally see in movie premieres completed with camera flashes and reporters.

Those people were interested with the lives of others than themselves, Konoha is a big city where citizens are always in hype whenever there are social gatherings, be it simple or grand celebration expect tons of paparazzi dying to interview or take pictures of the people at the higher class.

"Crap, reporters." She murmured.

"Should we go for the backdoor?" Her driver suggested, knowing Sakura too well that she's been avoiding these kind of situation her whole life.

"You're a savior! Thank you!" Sakura said in relief.

Her family have declined many magazine interview over the years since they always want privacy within the household, which is why some people were actually curious about their small family.

"Anytime, Sakura-san."

She didn't have any hard time of entering by the backdoor since the guards knew her already. What she was having a hard time with is looking for her parents, especially she's starting to hear whispers and murmurs about her presence.

There are lots of people than what she have expected. Full of familiar personalities she got used to attending business parties and dinners her life.

"Sakura," turning to where it was coming from, she was greeted by a kiss in her cheek by her blonde friend- Temari Sabaku from the Sand City.

"Temari, it's been a while" she greeted, acknowledging the person she is with as well, her boyfriend Shikamaru Nara who always have his black hair tied in a spiky ponytail which reminds her of a pineapple.

"You're a goddess!" Temari said, her teal eyes sparkling in joy.

"Well, thank you! You look like a goddess yourself, right Shikamaru?" She motion her hand to what she's wearing. A black dress that reaches down to her legs, with slits along the side and the red sash tied around her waist accentuate the curves of her body.