Wristful Intentions

"I thought he'd only asked the four of us to come over?" Jet all but grumbled lowly from behind me.

He was too close. I felt his breath on the back of my neck. I stepped away quickly and grabbed a red cup from the table. I turned back to face him.

"Claudia was invited." I said blankly. "What did you expect to have?"

He simply stared at me. His eyes were looking for something- something I wasn't offering up as soon as he wanted. I knew better than to act like a dumbstruck little girl. This was a boy who was used to getting what he wanted. I just didn't know if he really wanted what I thought.

"I'm going to go." He said gruffly as he pushed himself past me and looked for someone else to torment.

I sighed in relief. I didn't like parties. I never went to them during the school year, but summer was a different story. I went to every single one I heard of, despite the rumours that eventually got back to my parents from time to time. Not because I wanted to, but because I had an image to get rid of at the end of every year.

It wasn't that they hadn't given me permission or directly told me I wasn't allowed to go to parties. It was the fact that I'd never asked them. I knew the fuss and worry it would ensue and so I managed to spare them from such tediousness.

Being the eldest daughter and first born child of an overly successful business man and a former supermodel mother came with high expectations. Never underdress, never arrive late, never be out of the know, and never avoid community. I had the image of myself and my parents to uphold. Thus, the family name was on my shoulders when it came to ensuring the adolescent body knew of us. This simply meant, party for popularity.

I looked around. Claudia was practically hanging off of Garret, a former football player from our graduating class. Eli was talking to Marissa, his soon to be girlfriend. Tom was talking to a plant. I rolled my eyes at the nuances of my friends and went to find something fun to do.

A few kids were playing beer pong in the garage, but there was too much smoke and vapour to really see much, let alone breathe. The basement had turned into a near strip club. The pool was full of nearly naked girls- not because their bathing suits were covering enough, but because they'd removed their tops. The dining room had a flip cup competition happening between the former lacrosse team and football team. A different song played in every part of the house. It was almost overwhelming, but I was bored, so the situation meant opportunity.

I went upstairs. The music was too loud even up here. I knew better than to go into the bedrooms or even attempt to use the bathroom. It was quiet except for the occasional slamming of a door followed by excessive giggling and shushing. I knew better than to be up here on my own, but my friends were busy and Jet had disappeared somewhere.

"Abby, right?" I didn't know the voice, but I knew the face when I turned around.

"Yeah. Hey, Kevin." I said kindly. "I was just-"

"Wanna do it?" He cut me off as he grabbed me by the waist and back of the neck.

He pulled me close to himself. Before pushing his face onto mine. I tried to push him off. My muscles begged for strength as he simply roamed his tongue through my mouth. I tried to scream. I tried to get away, but nothing worked.

I managed to turn my head to the side. I screamed loudly, but the sound was almost drowned out by the music. He grabbed my face, but I managed to use the slack of his arm to my advantage. I knocked it away from myself and spun around. This did not work as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back towards him.

"Don't fight it, sugar." He chuckled. "I know you want me. Everybody wants me."

"Get off!" I growled before his lips came back on mine and a fistful of my hair was grabbed painfully.

I felt a violent tug to the side and lost my footing before toppling over on top of him as our lips finally disconnected. He swore loudly and let me go. I scrambled to stand up, only to wince at the pain in my wrist I used to push myself from the floor. Kevin held his jaw as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"What the fuck were you doing?" I heard a sharp voice I remembered from earlier this evening.

Jet was here, again. If he hadn't saved me, I honestly would have been complaining, but the fact that he'd gotten a pervert to stop forcefully sucking my face made up for that.

"I-I was just- I didn't want to!" I was crying.

Why was I crying? I held my wrist to my chest as he glared at me, holding Kevin by the front of his shirt. His eyes didn't soften, but they turned from me to my assaulter. I watched, almost horrified, as he made a fist and punched Kevin repeatedly until a steady flow of blood was coming from his nose.

"Don't fucking touch her again!" He shouted over the music. "Clear?!"

Kevin simply nodded his head before Jet shoved him into the wall and stalked towards me. I flinched when his hand shot towards me, but he simply grabbed my wrist and pulled it towards himself.

"Don't!" I growled at the pain he'd re-inflicted. "It hurts!"

He shrugged and pulled me along behind him as he walked back down the stairs. Claudia was suddenly right beside me asking me what happened and trying to look at the bruises on my neck and the swelling on my wrist. Jet told to her to fuck off in a most unkind way and I glared at him. I didn't need him looking after me. I was fully capable of bribing myself home and telling my parents I'd fallen while playing a game of chicken in the pool.

He pulled me out of the party.

"Are you fine?" He asked, almost as if he were annoyed.

Nobody asked him to look after me. I was the supposed to be showing him around. What was his problem.