“I haven’t gotten to introduce myself yet, I’m Russell.” He finally spoke.

            “Oh, I know perfectly well who you are.” I snapped, glaring at him, but he seemed unaffected by it.   

            “This is Kelly. Let’s just say we’ve had quite a past together. I’ll tell you about it later.” Kayden laughed.

            The conversation was broken when Kayden’s cell phone started ringing. He went to answer it, and stared at the screen, looking confused at the number. I was surprised at who was on the phone, but I’m sure you all can guess who it was. Kayden answered the phone and smirked when the person replied. Kayden put the phone on speaker for Russell and I before saying, “Hello, Kyle. Nice hearing from you again.”

            “Kayden, stop with the bull shit, I know what you’ve done. Where is she?” Kyle demanded in a calm tone.

            “How about you greet your favorite person in the world.” Kayden suggested to me, holding the phone out.  

            Being the stubborn girl I was, I crossed my arms and kept my mouth shut. Now, this probably wasn’t the best time to take my advice and not talk, but I didn’t care. When he realized that I wasn’t going to talk, he shocked me by yanking me by the hair, causing me to let out a shriek.
            “Kayden, leave her alone.” Kyle shouted through the phone but still sounded composed and in control.

            Something inside me lost control though. I thought that since Kyle was standing up for me, I might as well stand up for myself. I smacked his hand from my wrist that he was holding after he’d pulled my hair. I pushed him back and he was stunned but quickly recovered himself.
            “Don’t touch me!” I shouted, immediately knowing I’d made another stupid mistake. Russell sat back, watching us in amusement, not saying a word.

            Part of me wondered why he hadn’t done anything yet but then again, he was probably seeing how I acted. Kayden yanked me by the shirt and threw me to the ground. I held my hands up to protect myself but he easily restrained me by pinning my hands down with one hand while the other held the phone.

            “I don’t know how you dealt with her for all these years.” Kayden snarled into the phone to Kyle.

            “Just let her go, and no one has to get hurt.” Kyle spoke, letting me know that he was looking for me and planned on getting me back.

            I stared up into Kayden’s eyes and I swore I saw some fear in them, but that quickly disappeared. I couldn’t help but smirk at the thought of Kyle coming and beating Kayden, because that’s what I’ve wanted to happen. Kayden seemed unaware of my grin, because he was focused on the phone call. Though, Russell did notice and he winked at me, letting me know he saw it and that he knew Kayden was intimidated by Kyle to a certain point.

            “I’m not scared of you.” Kayden replied, sounding a bit unsure of himself.
            “I’m calling your bluff. You know what I’m capable of when I put my mind to something. Even though we didn’t know everything about each other, you know what I’m capable of. You’re scared.” Kyle taunted.

            “See that’s the thing, you know the person I am. I could kill her in a heartbeat and you couldn’t do shit. I have men working with me, and you’re all alone. I outnumber you.” Kayden smirked, thinking he was a step ahead of Kyle, but knowing Kyle, he had a plan and that he was actually a step ahead of Kayden.
            “Who says I don’t have men too? Who says I don’t know your very location? I wouldn’t underestimate me Kayden; you’ll end up losing that way.” Kyle warned.

            “Do what you want, but you’ll never get her back. She’s mine and I think she needs a punishment for the way she’s been behaving. You know how she is, a stubborn little bitch.” Kayden grinned down at me, making me realize that I was going to get in trouble for my actions once again. I wondered where Dole was, maybe he was with Kyle right now, and they were coming to rescue me.

            “We’ll see about that. I’m sure we’ll talk again soon.” Kyle said, hanging up the phone without letting Kayden reply.

            Kayden stared at the phone, realizing that Kyle hung up on him. He sighed and threw the phone onto the couch and focused his attention back on me. I knew fighting him would be pointless at this moment, so I laid there, looking anywhere but his eyes.

            “That wasn’t the right behavior, especially when I was talking to Kyle of all people.” He frowned.
            “Why does it matter if you were talking to Kyle?” I asked.

            Before he could reply, I caught him off guard and managed to push him off of me since he wasn’t focused on pinning me down. I scrambled to my feet, backing away from him. He got to his feet, looking more pissed than before. Russell sat back silently laughing at us. He acted like Kayden when I had first met him, and that terrified me.

            When you’re in a certain situation, you don’t always do the smartest things. You can think about what you would do, but unless it happens to you, you won’t know what you’d decide to do. That’s what happened to me because I started to back towards the door which led out to the beach. Before he had time to catch me, I darted out the door, leaving a trail of footprints in the hot sand as I ran into the forest behind the house. Yeah, I know I told myself that was a stupid idea and I wouldn’t do it, but what else was I going to do? Let Kayden beat and torture me like he did Amanda? If I could stall, maybe Kyle was on his way to save me. Maybe Dole would be back by then and help me.

            Then there was a sick feeling in my stomach as I continued to run, that I left Amanda behind with those monsters. Part of me felt cowardice because of what I did, but there was no turning back now. The intense heat of the forest burned at my lungs but I refused to stop. I didn’t hear footsteps following but that didn’t mean Kayden wasn’t following me, waiting for me to stop. Branches and twigs scrapped at my arms and legs as I ran, but the pain wasn’t nearly as bad as what I would have gotten if I stayed.

            I decided after several minutes of running that I needed to rest, or I’d pass out from the heat. Finding a place to hide was essential. If there was fresh water and food somewhere here, I could last days out here, which could change everything. It’s been several years since I’ve been here, and sadly, for me, I forget every inch of the forest. Nothing seemed familiar, which was a disadvantage.   

            If Kayden finds me, I’ll probably be dead. He’ll kill me and run from Kyle, not caring. I’d just be another girl of Kayden’s that he’s killed. I started to think about getting rescued and that seemed close to impossible. We were in the middle of the ocean on an island that’s abandoned and the police can’t help because I’m supposed to be dead. What if Robbins told the police I was alive? Would she do that? The whole reason I faked my death was because of Kyle and Kayden, but both of them know I’m alive, so that defeats the purpose of me staying dead.

            When I walked far enough from the house, I decided to take a break and sit down to rest. I wasn’t sure what my plan was, this was all pretty spontaneous. I just needed to stall and wait for help, if that would ever come. I leaned up against the tree, trying to figure out how I was supposed to survive out here for who knows how long. What I really wondered was how long I had until Kayden found me.

Hey everyone, sorry for taking so long to update, there this stupid thing called school which takes up most of my time now. To the right is a picture of Russell. What did you think of this chapter? Do you think Kyle will save Kelly? If so, how? Or if not, what will happen? Please comment and vote!!!! This chapter's dedication goes to @SharonJonnson. Thanks so much for reading all my stories, and commenting and voting alot on them, it means alot!!!! I'll try and update as soon as i can, but i can't promise how soon. Thanks everyone for reading!!! :D