The Blackbeak heir

Manon fell to the ground and shuttered as the cold metal sword pressed to her throat.

"You have to concentrate." Asterin said holding her small hand to pull her up from the ground. "There's only couple months before our first hunt of Crochans." Asterin said her eyes glowing with pride for doing her part with getting rid of Crochans.

"I am your commander, not the other way around, so don't say what I will have to do." Manon said clicking her tongue against her ironteeth. "And I will beat you as soon as I recover from my wounds from that Iskra bitch." Manon said instantily putting her palm to her fresh wound.

But Asterin was right, it was teh honor of her life to go hunting Crochans at the age of ten. And she wouldn't ruin that with her leg not working correctly. She would train until her leg would work properly without feeling the pain.

"Manon," a voice commanded from behind. The voice was cold and there was no mistaking it. "Yes?" Manon said facing her Matron. "Iskra hurt you?" she asked. If you wouldn't know the Matron if the Blackbeaks you might think that she was concered in her own way. But every ironteethwitch knew taht only harm was coming to Manon in that moment.

"Yes," Manon said looking the Matron to the eye. Just line she had thought her. "Come." The Matton just said and lead Manon to her study.

"You never let that other witches toych you without beating them back, if its not against the rules. And last I checked its not." the Matrone said rage dripping from her cold voice.

She pulled a whip from her desk. "This will make you stronger." She said flashing her ironteeth. But Manon knew it was because she was nit enough. She wasn't cruel enough. The Matron would beat her up until all te light inside her would have fied and she would have forgotten that it ever even existed.

One... Two... And when the third whip flashed to wipe away the skin in her back, something died inside of her. Couple more and Manon passed to the ground bleeding blue blood to the ground.

The next morning she was diffrent, time passed kills came and went. Couple years and she never even remembered the girl who saved the butterflies when other witches ripped their wings and left them to suffer. The girl who cried every night for her mother she never knew. The girl had been wiped from the memory. Until one day she met a princeling with eyes of sapphire.